Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

I think once when everyone return, I'll start judging Gase. His lack of help for the OT's was stupid, but I'm waiting for everyone to get healthy again. I never liked him, but we'll see what happens. Darnold and Herndon will make a difference. Herndon, Bell, and Robby are hard to cover. 

59 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think once when everyone return, I'll start judging Gase. His lack of help for the OT's was stupid, but I'm waiting for everyone to get healthy again. I never liked him, but we'll see what happens. Darnold and Herndon will make a difference. Herndon, Bell, and Robby are hard to cover. 

Why shouldn’t he be judged from last week and get a pass?

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He should and he needs to be better.  D has played good enough to win the last two weeks.  Offense has been terrible.  Not aggressive.  No creativity. I get the QB issues but this is the NFL and you get paid as coaches to bring out the best in your guys.  I was so tired of seeing 8/9 in box and we run.  Gotta make a D pay when the sell out and we have guys who can get downfield or are very quick on short slants.  Tough task vs. NE but he needs to be more agressive, creative and attack the D.  He seems to call plays on O to not lose as opposed to win - if that makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

He should and he needs to be better.  D has played good enough to win the last two weeks.  Offense has been terrible.  Not aggressive.  No creativity. I get the QB issues but this is the NFL and you get paid as coaches to bring out the best in your guys.  I was so tired of seeing 8/9 in box and we run.  Gotta make a D pay when the sell out and we have guys who can get downfield or are very quick on short slants.  Tough task vs. NE but he needs to be more agressive, creative and attack the D.  He seems to call plays on O to not lose as opposed to win - if that makes sense. 

This is what Dolphins fans were talking about 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Yea well then I don't know why he is called an offensive guru by guys like Peyton then .....

Who else calls him an offensive guru? His offense numbers sans Peyton certainly don’t reflect that. I’m going to reserve judgement and see what the offense looks like 6-8 weeks from now. But I’m not feeling good about the hire today. -12 passing yards into the 3rd quarter is inexcusable.

Media talk is media talk. Peyton can say whatever he wants, it doesn’t make it true. Todd Bowles was a defensive mastermind! The reality was he was just an above average DC, nothing more.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

He referenced that giving the OT’s help, Beachum in particular, would have basically negated Bell as a Pass catching option. I agree with him, so we can went with quick pass options but we’re essentially just far too undermanned. 

And even when guys got open they dropped the ball(Beezo)

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Who else calls him an offensive guru? His offense numbers sans Peyton certainly don’t reflect that. I’m going to reserve judgement and see what the offense looks like 6-8 weeks from now. But I’m not feeling good about the hire today. -12 passing yards into the 3rd quarter is inexcusable.

Media talk is media talk. Peyton can say whatever he wants, it doesn’t make it true. Todd Bowles was a defensive mastermind! The reality was he was just an above average DC, nothing more.

I am with you 100%.  Rooting for a turnaround though ... we shall see

• Like 1

Monken, Rhule, McCarthy would likely all be going through a similar process right now. 

We are undermanned right now, we literally need everyone healthy and playing well right now to have a chance. 

But still we’re a Mosley injury away from winning against Buffalo and against Cleveland if we convert a few of those plays in the RZ and don’t let Beckham go 72 yards then who knows how close it gets. 

To put it mostly on Gase is unfair and it’s letting preconceived biases show. 

You cant blame Macc for the lack of talent and then get mad at the coach for trying to do his best with what he’s given. 

11 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Monken, Rhule, McCarthy would likely all be going through a similar process right now. 

We are undermanned right now, we literally need everyone healthy and playing well right now to have a chance. 

But still we’re a Mosley injury away from winning against Buffalo and against Cleveland if we convert a few of those plays in the RZ and don’t let Beckham go 72 yards then who knows how close it gets. 

To put it mostly on Gase is unfair and it’s letting preconceived biases show. 

You cant blame Macc for the lack of talent and then get mad at the coach for trying to do his best with what he’s given. 

Don't think he is doing is best nor putting guys in a position to be successful.  This is the time he needs to be creative.  Dump off banana routes are not creative ... they are run in Pop Warner.  I had no preconceived notions on Gase as I did not pay much attention to Miami or his other stops personally.  If anything my bias may have been to him being a guru based on media, Peyton and quotes from training camp. 

It did not seem to me that the offense was prepared for what the opposing defense was going to throw at them either week.  Nor where there in game adjustments.  O with Sam only scored one TD week 1.  That is not good enough in today's NFL. 

I hope this turns around but right now I am not confident in Gase as an OC frankly.  Hopefully it is a health issue of the team but we shall see.

Edited by JetsFan15

40 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

There was most definitely a lack of creativity Monday night. We saw it, fans from other teams saw it, the commentators kept going back to it..

Really hoping this isn’t the norm 

Exactly. The starting OL is healthy, Bell, Montgomery, Crowder, Robby, Bellamy, Griffin are all healthy. Gase should be criticized. I thought we’d lose. But to score 1 TD in 2 weeks is absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

First let me make this clear, I don't like him and doubt he make it past 2 years. I didn't say ya'll can't judge him, I said I'll wait just to see if he can't run a good offense even with talent. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He referenced that giving the OT’s help, Beachum in particular, would have basically negated Bell as a Pass catching option. I agree with him, so we can went with quick pass options but we’re essentially just far too undermanned. 

And even when guys got open they dropped the ball(Beezo)

Yup and that got your back up knocked out for the season and multiple 3rd down and forever situations. You simply chip block with your RB or your TE. It's not like we were throwing Griffin the ball anyway. I would have been okay if Myles didn't go untouched so many times but we didn't even try in the first half. You still have Robby and Crowder out there that can make plays. Targeted Robby like once or twice in the first half. Montgomery can make plays as well. I didn't expect to win, but he could have done better with his plan to protect the QB. 

• Like 1