Redskins sign Aaron Colvin

mar29020

5 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Hot seat: Jimmy Moreland

Cool Throne: Ereck Flowers

I guess after reviewing the tape in last Sunday's game they are blaming Moreland for blowing the coverage which led to the second DJax long TD where we lost the lead for the first time, most momentum and never recovered.

I love Jimmy MF Moreland, but he may not be ready to be a #3 corner and starting slot in the NFL yet.

We miss Fabs more than people realize. I hope he's back for the Bears game or at the latest the Giants game bc that's a game we can actually win if Allen and Fabs play in it!

Edited by turtle28

So Josh Norman's skills are declining.  

Quinton Dunbar got torched by anyone he was asked to cover last Sunday.

Fabian Moreau and Greg Stroman are out with injuries (surprise that two guys from the same unit are hurt) 

Montae Nicholson showed he was as equally inept against the pass as Dunbar was. 

Most of you know my feelings on Landon Collins and his lack of coverage ability. 

Greg Manusky already puts out corners at a disadvantage by always lining them 10 yards off the LOS.

And we sign Aaron Colvin, who just got released for being so terrible against the Saints, taking the $7.5 million dead cap hit to get him off the roster.  

Did I get that right?  I think I did.  

Image result for hilarious laugh gifs

Taking one from @Doc Draper on this one......the SnyderSkins are gonna SnyderSkin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So Josh Norman's skills are declining.  

Quinton Dunbar got torched by anyone he was asked to cover last Sunday.

Fabian Moreau and Greg Stroman are out with injuries (surprise that two guys from the same unit are hurt) 

Montae Nicholson showed he was as equally inept against the pass as Dunbar was. 

Most of you know my feelings on Landon Collins and his lack of coverage ability. 

Greg Manusky already puts out corners at a disadvantage by always lining them 10 yards off the LOS.

And we sign Aaron Colvin, who just got released for being so terrible against the Saints, taking the $7.5 million dead cap hit to get him off the roster.  

Did I get that right?  I think I did.  

Image result for hilarious laugh gifs

Taking one from @Doc Draper on this one......the SnyderSkins are gonna SnyderSkin. 

I mean it’s a high reward/ low risk signing. Not like we’re counting on this guy to be a cornerstone of the defense. 

5 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I mean it’s a high reward/ low risk signing. Not like we’re counting on this guy to be a cornerstone of the defense. 

If the Texans, a team with deep playoff aspirations, cut Colvin for being so terrible, why sign the guy?  There are guys out there on practice squads that have better ceilings right now and are worth developing, or even a handful of free agents.  

But this smacks of a typical move the Redskins would make.  

Fabs is expected to be back on Monday night vs the Bears, hopefully we see what were missing in a good way. I also will say this, we immensley miss Jon Allen. Our pass rush and run D are noticeably worse without our best DL who commands double teams. We are not getting a good pass rush without him, and it's my opinion that beyond the injuries to Fabs & Dunny, the thing that is most affecting the secondary this year so far - beyond a few blow coverages and bc Norman is freelancing & isn't fast - is that there's been no pass rush since Allen went out. I understand what you are saying @naptownskinsfan with concerns about the secondary but let's not forget they're being asked to cover for near 10 seconds each snap bc our pass rush has sucked.

Edited by turtle28