Big Brother

THE DUKE

Yep. I gotta say, though, it really bothered me how badly BB slanted this game to Paul. Obviously, the people were idiots, but BB did everything it could to keep Paul from losing. He got the friendship bracelets in the beginning and then immediately got three weeks of safety. It bothered me.

But yea, I really didn't like the cast. I respected Cody because he at least had the balls to do something more than go after the obvious and easy targets. The rest of the people sat back, let Paul run the house, and did anything they could to avoid taking a risk. Oh and I really really hate Josh. He's the embodiment of everything I hate about Miami.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Read some of the behind the scenes feeds stuff on Jokers Updates.  Raven is convinced she'll win America's Favorite House Guest, and they all think this is one of the best seasons and that they'll all be liked. 

Raven doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed. She and Matt have done nothing all season but be there. Of the remaining people, Jason is the only one I like. I liked Mark, Cody, Jessica, and Elena. Jessica was a total mean girl, and Cody was kind of a ****, but I like underdogs. And they tried to at least make moves. I respected Mark for not beating the tar out of Josh and handling things with so much class despite being mistreated. I thought Elena was hot and loved her brashness and unwillingness to take shiot.

Yea, I really hate this cast. They just made it a really boring game. Nobody took chances after Cody did. Nobody shook up the house other than Cody. It was just a bunch of people along for the ride while Paul played puppeteer. And they're all too stupid to figure out he's manipulating them. Cody had it right from the beginning. They should have tossed Paul the first week. It would have made it a much more interesting game.

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Read some of the behind the scenes feeds stuff on Jokers Updates.  Raven is convinced she'll win America's Favorite House Guest, and they all think this is one of the best seasons and that they'll all be liked. 

She will win America's Top Pathological Liar.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The rigging got bad enough that the people that watch the live feeds call him Production Paul.

You dont actually believe it is being rigged do you? Sure they may have staked the deck with Paul marks, but thats about it.

I pretty much didnt even bother remaking this thread on the switch over because the season was that bad. All these dullards and not a competitive one among the bunch.

I honestly really wish we could have seen this cast without Paul. They are all the same level of dumb that it would have probably been Hilarious to see them all hump eachother all season and be back stabbed left and right.

I hate saying this, but I absolutely have to root for Paul now. Not a single other one of them deserve a dime.

I agree, I hate Paul, but he's the only one who's even played since Cody got sent to Jury.  The winner is either Paul, or whomever manages to evict Paul.

As for the rigging, the friendship bracelets, the 3 weeks of safety when the first temptation vote was before anyone else was even known, his "friendship" slogan literally put up on the DR wall (no subliminal messaging there), competitions that he won last year being re-used this year multiple times, like you said a cast full of Paul fans (sans Cody), and reading the stuff on Jokers, Paul seems to miraculously have new information about stuff that is coming up right after he comes out of DR sessions that was accurate on more than one occasion.

Just on the show last night, Christmas starts laying into Josh for even questioning Paul's motives as he lines up jury votes as each guest is evicted.  I told my wife, you know it's a dumb cast when Josh is the only one who even seems to realize Paul's game.

I wish Big Brother still let the crowd boo house guests on the way out, but apparently most of the audience are CBS employees for the live shows.

40 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

As for the rigging, the friendship bracelets, the 3 weeks of safety when the first temptation vote was before anyone else was even known, his "friendship" slogan literally put up on the DR wall (no subliminal messaging there), competitions that he won last year being re-used this year multiple times, like you said a cast full of Paul fans (sans Cody), and reading the stuff on Jokers, Paul seems to miraculously have new information about stuff that is coming up right after he comes out of DR sessions that was accurate on more than one occasion.

First Ill just say, I know you read it on Jokers, but there is more (and more accurate) information out there than just Jokers. And now Ill take these one by one;

• First off, Technically, Paul could have never been in the house. Almost certainly unlikely, but its still not an absolute.
  • Friendship Bracelets: for the First eviction, most of the house is usually immune by some machination anyway, usually saved by some singular person or small group. Not that big of a deal to me. The only person who even falls for the "Freindship" crap is Alex, and she would have been all over him regardless.
  • 3 weeks of Safety: Again, it was an open vote. Sure he is likely to win it because hes the only one we know at that point, but its still a vote (remember he didnt win a single america's vote last year IIRC correctly) But they just got their only known quantity in, they dont want him as a revolving door. Its happened in other BB seasons (for even longer), and hasnt saved those people all the way through.
  • Friendship Slogan: The phrase Friendship actually goes back way before Paul. But just like "Big Baby" and "who wants to see my HOH Room". "Friendship" is now just nomenclature for the Big Brother game.
  • Reused Comps: This happens every year. Some of these comps go back over a decade. This is nothing new, even the order of the Comps is relatively easy to tell before the season starts. 
  • Paul Fans: This is a thing for ANY returning vet. Frank, James. Nicole and DeVonne all had them among the cast last year. Its just that Paul is the only one so he is the only one they can know. Actually, the only claimed "special recruitment" we know about was Cody as someone who absolutely didnt like Paul. So thats one big stike against your theory.
  • Given Information: This is the one that people keep trying to point to, and its wrong. He claimed it was a Double eviction for 2 weeks before he was right about it (happens every year) He has been predicting a Sunday Eviction for 4 weeks now (which just doesnt happen in BB) and he has also been floating the idea of another Double Eviction since 2 evictions nights ago. So no he hasnt been blatantly given info. But former houseguests have admitted if you pay attention to the questions that production asks in the DR, you can start to figure things out. And after being in there last year, its just easier to pick up those context clues.

In the end, its not rigged FOR Paul. The game is just easier for a Vet. And we now know how much more of an advantage it is as the ONLY Vet in the house. Add that ontop of one of the dumbest canst they have ever assembled. And after he won the battle against Cody, its just been too easy for him. No rigging, its a game with money on the line, they cant do it, it would cost them way too much.

10 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

First Ill just say, I know you read it on Jokers, but there is more (and more accurate) information out there than just Jokers. And now Ill take these one by one;

• First off, Technically, Paul could have never been in the house. Almost certainly unlikely, but its still not an absolute.
  • Friendship Bracelets: for the First eviction, most of the house is usually immune by some machination anyway, usually saved by some singular person or small group. Not that big of a deal to me. The only person who even falls for the "Freindship" crap is Alex, and she would have been all over him regardless.
  • 3 weeks of Safety: Again, it was an open vote. Sure he is likely to win it because hes the only one we know at that point, but its still a vote (remember he didnt win a single america's vote last year IIRC correctly) But they just got their only known quantity in, they dont want him as a revolving door. Its happened in other BB seasons (for even longer), and hasnt saved those people all the way through.
  • Friendship Slogan: The phrase Friendship actually goes back way before Paul. But just like "Big Baby" and "who wants to see my HOH Room". "Friendship" is now just nomenclature for the Big Brother game.
  • Reused Comps: This happens every year. Some of these comps go back over a decade. This is nothing new, even the order of the Comps is relatively easy to tell before the season starts. 
  • Paul Fans: This is a thing for ANY returning vet. Frank, James. Nicole and DeVonne all had them among the cast last year. Its just that Paul is the only one so he is the only one they can know. Actually, the only claimed "special recruitment" we know about was Cody as someone who absolutely didnt like Paul. So thats one big stike against your theory.
  • Given Information: This is the one that people keep trying to point to, and its wrong. He claimed it was a Double eviction for 2 weeks before he was right about it (happens every year) He has been predicting a Sunday Eviction for 4 weeks now (which just doesnt happen in BB) and he has also been floating the idea of another Double Eviction since 2 evictions nights ago. So no he hasnt been blatantly given info. But former houseguests have admitted if you pay attention to the questions that production asks in the DR, you can start to figure things out. And after being in there last year, its just easier to pick up those context clues.

In the end, its not rigged FOR Paul. The game is just easier for a Vet. And we now know how much more of an advantage it is as the ONLY Vet in the house. Add that ontop of one of the dumbest canst they have ever assembled. And after he won the battle against Cody, its just been too easy for him. No rigging, its a game with money on the line, they cant do it, it would cost them way too much.

Dude, it was rigged from the start. You make excuses for why the friendship bracelets are acceptable and the three weeks of safety wasn't unfair, but those things titled the game in an unfair way from Day One. From Day One, Paul was in a position of power with the bracelets. People had to sell themselves to him, and then he got to pick and choose who to align with and protect. That creates loyalty. Further, the game gives him easily the most powerful temptation prize right off the bat to prevent him from getting voted out early in the game when he might be vulnerable. It was completely stacked in his favor without even getting into the another stuff that Duke discussed.

Frankly, Paul deserves to win because everybody else remaining played such a terrible game. But BB handed him the win.

11 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

You dont actually believe it is being rigged do you? Sure they may have staked the deck with Paul marks, but thats about it.

I pretty much didnt even bother remaking this thread on the switch over because the season was that bad. All these dullards and not a competitive one among the bunch.

I honestly really wish we could have seen this cast without Paul. They are all the same level of dumb that it would have probably been Hilarious to see them all hump eachother all season and be back stabbed left and right.

I hate saying this, but I absolutely have to root for Paul now. Not a single other one of them deserve a dime.

Exactly. The season would have been interesting without Paul pulling all the strings. BB just screwed the season big time to do Paul a solid.

Final 5 now, and Paul isn't HOH.  If Paul doesn't win veto and somehow stays, then that confirms that these are the dumbest reality game show contestants of all time.  They've already long since wrapped up the dumbest BB cast in 19 seasons.

Not too thrilled about Celebrity Big Brother.  You know it's going to be nothing but D list has beens and "Internet Celebrities" from You Tube.  This might be Big Brother's jump the shark moment.

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Exactly. The season would have been interesting without Paul pulling all the strings. BB just screwed the season big time to do Paul a solid.

Saying the game is Rigged is saying that they actually care who wins. They dont. They cant, it would be illegal. So just causally throwing around "Rigged is a dangerous" and especially in this case incorrect statement.

To say he got advantages is obvious, but again, anyone who is a returning player has inherent advantages.Just like if you are actually a fan of the show you have inherent advantages. Yes the Bracelets were dumb, but like I said, every season some BS competition or something random they pick saves half of the house each week. And just so you know, the only person left who got a Bracelet is Kevin. The biggest point that people have been trying to use as evidence is that Paul is getting information  from production. Except he isnt at all. He has been claiming a Sunday eviction for 4 weeks, and he was completely shocked at the Double last night. He is just playing with a bunch of dummys, that is the problem here.

I think it will be a long time before we see a sole vet in the house ever again. I really hope they go all or nothing (or atleast half the houseguests) when it comes to the next 5 seasons. BB20 would be awesome for an All-Stars edition, but we have been hoping for one each of the past 3 seasons. And then restart BB21 with all new houseguests.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not too thrilled about Celebrity Big Brother.  You know it's going to be nothing but D list has beens and "Internet Celebrities" from You Tube.  This might be Big Brother's jump the shark moment.

Its probably going that way, but there is a chance they actually get some of the Celebrities that are real fans of the Show. And that would be really fun. Plus we wont see any of this buddy buddy stuff, they will be there to make an impact and be remembered. So real backstabbing will be likely.

Archived