Big Brother

THE DUKE

On 9/6/2017 at 11:49 PM, jrry32 said:

Yep. I gotta say, though, it really bothered me how badly BB slanted this game to Paul. Obviously, the people were idiots, but BB did everything it could to keep Paul from losing. He got the friendship bracelets in the beginning and then immediately got three weeks of safety. It bothered me.

Meh. They did rig it to keep him in early but other than that he just played all of them like a fiddle. And anyone who watches the show should know they never just let you take the vets out the first couple weeks. I thought for sure at some point someone would figure out he was controlling everything and was the clear favorite and they would take him out. But they're all idiots and this is hands down the worst season I've seen. Hate that someone who couldn't even play most of the competitions or a big giant imbecile is guaranteed to finish top 2.

15 hours ago, stallyns said:

During the Kevin/Raven argument in the backyard

Raven - when have I lied?

Me - WHEN HAVENT YOU!!!! 

I feel like you could be more snarky with it. Maybe something like, "Good point, Raven. I can't think of any lies at the moment. By the way, when will I meet your lightning-proof mother or get to see your Mensa membership card?"

On 9/17/2017 at 3:30 AM, jrry32 said:

I feel like you could be more snarky with it. Maybe something like, "Good point, Raven. I can't think of any lies at the moment. By the way, when will I meet your lightning-proof mother or get to see your Mensa membership card?"

Her GPA is dance.xD

Since this season has been all but over for awhile now, with the only drama possibly being a bitter jury. I was thinking about what else we would like to see in the seasons of Big Brother going forward;

Obviously everyone talks about an actual All-Stars season. If we could get a full roster of good returning Houseguests, that would be amazing. Season 20 seems like the perfect time to do that, and if we cant then, I dont think we see it until Season 25. Im actually putting together a full breakdown of who I think would make the best cast for it. Look out for that.

But we can all agree that we dont want anymore Vet dominated seasons like this year. Atleast last year had 4 returning Vets, so it balanced it out a bit, But a clean slate of new houseguests would actually get me excited (it did this year, but then Paul happened).

My only caveat here would be one very specific scenario,  and it goes like this;

• 13 brand new houseguests
  • another first night eviction event (vote or competition)
  • during week 1 we get a "Mystery Box" - Someone is bound to open it
  • Resulting event: That person gets First HoH, but comes with a  Complete Reset of the Game
    • Night 1 evicted Houseguest is right back in, along with the 3 other Houseguests that never got a chance in the game
  • Jodi, Glenn, and Cameron all join the cast, and those 4 who came back in get protection for that week

This way Production gets their first full week of the show in the can (always an issue for some reason), and we as the audience dont really miss any of the game. Plus they technically have 3 Returning players, and the die hard fans get some justice for players who never got a fair shot. This way everyone who signs up will get atleast 10ish days in the house, and even though we know Glenn, Jodi and Cameron alittle bit, these are basically all new players.

I'd definitely be excited for that type of season and early twist. 

They definitely need to somehow get away from every target being a back door target.  It was boring as hell seeing the exact same strategy week after week after week after week after week.  If it doesn't change, they need to do something drastic to change it, like let the veto winner protect multiple people or even let the veto winner pick the re-nom. 

I'd also like to see them bring back who are Have Nots by way of competition, it was way more interesting when that was the case.  Randomly split them into groups each week and make it team competitions early on, as this will hopefully get them interacting more than just with their group.  When there are fewer people in the show make it so the bottom performers are have nots and incentivize the winners with minor prizes.  And for the love of god, actually enforce the rules.  They were breaking Have Not rules all summer and only Matt got a penalty vote, and that was because he was openly doing everything against Have Not rules.  They don't want to follow the rules, boot em.

42 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

They definitely need to somehow get away from every target being a back door target.  It was boring as hell seeing the exact same strategy week after week after week after week after week.  If it doesn't change, they need to do something drastic to change it, like let the veto winner protect multiple people or even let the veto winner pick the re-nom. 

I honestly believe this to be a byproduct of this season, BB19, being broken. The game itself is fine, and doesnt work like we saw this season. That was the direct result of having one fan favorite Vet in the house, which caused this Pied Piper mentality, and was exacerbated by the stupidity of the rest of the house.

That issue, along with Cody and others not wanting to ever identify as an alliance. Other than the Show-mances, we didnt get one single alliance name this year. When you have true alliances, lines drawn, and groups on both sides, you get straight up game play, and the Back doors arent used until much later, and at that its only a few times per year. I wouldnt hate a few extra "temptations" or "Care packages" or just straight up side prizes during HOH comps that give safety for the week. But I dont think the Veto needs any fundamental change to it.

51 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd also like to see them bring back who are Have Nots by way of competition, it was way more interesting when that was the case.  Randomly split them into groups each week and make it team competitions early on, as this will hopefully get them interacting more than just with their group.  When there are fewer people in the show make it so the bottom performers are have nots and incentivize the winners with minor prizes.  And for the love of god, actually enforce the rules.  They were breaking Have Not rules all summer and only Matt got a penalty vote, and that was because he was openly doing everything against Have Not rules.  They don't want to follow the rules, boot em.

A few good points here to unpack, but I will start with the one that ties into my comment from above; Breaking Have-Not rules. Again, this rarely happens on purpose, and when it has in the past, its usually pretty innocent. But this year, the game was broken. It had to do with the way they were all treating eachother, and how futile it ever was to fight the steamroller slowing crushing them (in their eyes) so why follow Have Not rules when you have no hope at all? Te be honest with you, I think Have Nots are pretty outdated, the Slop isnt as effective as it used to be. Has all the nutrients, and ends up being bland once they make it. Its more just annoying. Id actually love for them to bring back the PBJs for Have Note. That really gets to people (Id personally love it)

But if we are going to have Have-Nots, yes I agree, bring back the competitions. They are always struggling to have enough to show 3 nights per week. How would another comp hurt that? it would give more footage, and drive more Diary Rooms. They dont even have to be big set ups in the back yard. They could be simple comps, where teams are randomly drawn out of a hat, and those sides have to nominate one champion to go to battle for them. Just think about week 1, where 14 people are huddled around 2 others playing an intense game of chess for which side has to be have-nots. Or more likely 4 teams, go with an egg race or something. Sure you could go more complex, and Im sure they would, but the premise is still the same.

They were worried about how much people nap this year, to make sure they get more feeds, but they are bored, what else are they supposed to do? Give them more house wide events, it would force them to interact, it would cause drama and rifts, and bottom line its not hard to do.

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm actually looking forward to it now.  Bitter jury for the win!  Cody just doesn't have the whole view.  In a season of drones, he was the only one to not follow Paul like a puppy and wasn't afraid to say "F you, i'll be myself".  Most of this cast probably got a rude awakening last night when they checked their social media.  Especially Raven.

How do Cody and Mark possibly hate Paul more than the guy who banged pots and pans in their faces?

Whole season I couldn't wait to see Josh get boo'd meeting Julie and he gets the blast of confetti. Early on when he took safety in that one contest and screwed his team over I was like 90% sure he'd be gone  in the first few weeks. One of those crazy people you have every season who pisses off the whole house. Never been close to this surprised by a BB winner. He really wasn't a bad player though.

Paul deserved to win. Don't feel bad for him. When they knew it was down to Cody the look on his face was priceless 

Just now, DontTazeMeBro said:

How do Cody and Mark possibly hate Paul more than the guy who banged pots and pans in their faces?

Whole season I couldn't wait to see Josh get boo'd meeting Julie and he gets the blast of confetti. Early on when he took safety in that one contest and screwed his team over I was like 90% sure he'd be gone  in the first few weeks. One of those crazy people you have every season who pisses off the whole house. Never been close to this surprised by a BB winner. He really wasn't a bad player though.

Paul deserved to win. Don't feel bad for him. When they knew it was down to Cody the look on his face was priceless 

Paul talked **** about both of them non-stop after their evictions and behind their back.  Odds are Jason and Alex spilled the beans in jury.  Josh would just nod his head and agree, but Paul was the clear ringleader.  Josh is just a child (albeit the way he played Paul in the goodbye messages was smart), but Paul is pure unadultered *******.

2 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I love that Cody won that. Was rooting for him as the only idiot that wasn't a Paul sheep. He didn't play the game that well, but he didn't pull punches and was very entertaining with his bluntness. I hope he gets a chance to play again.

Im glad he won it as well. But lets slow down with the narrative that he and Jessica were some anti-establishment troopers.

The one time they truly had power after Cody's week 1 HoH, the played into exactly what Paul wanted, and helped evict his biggest threat at the time; Ramses.

Listened to all those interviews while I was working, general impressions of how each reacted.

Jillian - Irrelevant
Cameron - Had a lot of good insight, you can tell he is a big BB fan.  I hope they bring him back as he hasn't really played.
Ramses - Seems like a good dude, but he doesn't have a strong enough personality to make moves, he'd be a floater in any season
Dominique - Didn't really own any of her mistakes in the game, didn't really connect well with anyone outside of Mark
Cody - It's pretty clear now that outside of Jessica, he essentially hated everyone in the house.  He could tolerate Mark and Elena, but even then I don't think he likes them.
Jessica - Just like she played, good insights, but in game she didn't act on them and was swayed too easily.
Elena - Pretty clear she was on BB only for public exposure, wants to use it as a stepping stone to something/anything bigger
Mark - Solid dude, but not aggressive enough in the game
Matt - Exactly how he was in the house.  Floating through as furniture.
Jason - Deep down I think he is a good guy at his core, but he needs a better filter.  Also doesn't own what he does in terms of making moves.
Raven - Nutbar and likely a scam artist
Alex - Delusional, complete denial of her actions in the house.  Zero ownership as cheerleading the bullying when not participating in it.
Kevin - He got played all season but was overall solid, especially when compared to this cast
Christmas - Even more delusional than Alex, basically straight up lied in her interview about how she was in the house
Paul - If you believe Affluenza is really a thing, then Paul probably has it.  Just as delusional as Alex or Christmas, and acted nastier than either.
Josh - Given the final five, I'm ok with Josh winning.  He needs to get in control of his emotions though.  Him snaking Paul in the goodbye messages was a really good move.

Archived