Week 1 GDT - Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins

MikeT14

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

No, 2011 wasn't an aberration. Stop playing dumb, I'm so tired of this discussion.

2010 was the uncapped year and there wasn't the normal free agency talent available because of the CBA ending and the pending lockout. They also had to deal with Haynesworth and his issues. If Haynesworth acted like a man instead of a child in 2010, the D would have been better. W/o him on the DL they were forced to start 2 guys in their mid 30s - Daniels & Holiday - and rely on Adam Carriker who wasn't quite the player he became in 2011 yet and Kedric Golston as a starter for a lot of the season. Then we had Kemo - who was supposed to be out NT - blow out his Achilles. 

In 2012 I pointed out how many players they had lost from 2012 because of injury, and they stupidly had let Rogers walk in the 2011 who was good in San Fran. These players were good and even great for us at times. If you have a good starting DL be lost for the season, another DL have to play through two PCLs in two seasons which leads to him needing microfraure surgery, your most consistent pass rusher and your best safety being lost for the season your D is going to take a huge step back.

Especially when you have a HC/Guy with final say over the roster who was too offensive minded and didn't draft well on defense for 4 years and almost every one of his defensive picks except for Kerrigan busted and he passed on JJ Watt and Robert Quinn at 10. 

We also franchised the wrong drug user in 2012 - Fred "smoke dog" Davis - instead of Laron "PED" Landry. And the guy they signed to replace Landry - Meriweather - battled a sprained knee the whole 1st half of the year and then he tore his ACL in his first full game against the Eagles.

Ahem...

Under the 3-4

2010 = 31st

2011 = 13th

2012 = 28th

2013 = 18th

2014 = 20th

2015 = 28th

2016 = 28th

ab·er·ra·tion
ˌabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. a departure from what is normal, usual, or expected, typically one that is unwelcome.

2. a characteristic that deviates from the normal type.

Synonyms: anomalydeviationdeparture from the norm, divergenceabnormalityirregularityvariationdigressionfreakroguerarityodditypeculiaritycuriosityquirk; 

mistake

Yeah, I don't think I'm playing dumb at all here when I point out that 2011 was an aberration.

If this running game is like this all year, Kelley is going to average 3 YPC. That is not good. Never should have gotten rid of Alfred Morris. Perine needs to play and see what we got. Otherwise, Mack Brown. 

Kelley is not the answer at RB and should not be starting. 

If Zach Brown does not get a long term deal as of yesterday, this team has no clue of what they are doing....*thinks*....this already has no idea of what they are doing. 

If they sign Zach Brown to a long term deal, I can give them a nanogram of respect. At least I wouldn't have to see Compton out there gettin bullied by 5'9 WR's. 

It's one game, albeit a division game, but lets see how we do against the Rams this week and then I'll consider my options about this team. 

24 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I am no Ryan Grant fan at all, but those of you crapping on him after game 1 are pushing an agenda. Again, the least of our worries from week 1 was what Ryan Grant did. 

Playing him ahead of Doctson and Quick is ridiculous. And yes, he's going to gain some yards if you force feed him the ball. 

Defensive rankings prior to the 3-4

2002 = 5th

2003 = 25th

2004 = 3rd

2005 = 9th

2006 = 31st

2007 = 8th

2008 = 4th

2009 = 10th

So the aberrations here are 2003 and 2006 and they are bad. Outside of that, we have a top 10/top 5 defense.

With the 3-4, we had exactly one good season. That one was the aberration.

I seriously cannot understand the love for the 3-4. We've sucked in it and will continue to suck in it. I predicted we would when all the fanboys running around Redskins Nation were salivating about us transitioning to the 3-4. 

We don't know how to run it. We don't have the coaches who do. And we don't have a Front Office that knows how to properly project players into our scheme.

When we tank this year, if I'm making decisions...I scrap the staff and bring in a DC that will run the 4-3 and we can finally stop the madness

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

If this running game is like this all year, Kelley is going to average 3 YPC. That is not good. Never should have gotten rid of Alfred Morris. Perine needs to play and see what we got. Otherwise, Mack Brown. 

Kelley is not the answer at RB and should not be starting. 

If Zach Brown does not get a long term deal as of yesterday, this team has no clue of what they are doing....*thinks*....this already has no idea of what they are doing. 

If they sign Zach Brown to a long term deal, I can give them a nanogram of respect. At least I wouldn't have to see Compton out there gettin bullied by 5'9 WR's. 

It's one game, albeit a division game, but lets see how we do against the Rams this week and then I'll consider my options about this team. 

Morris isn't going to make this Oline block better. There are two top 5 picks on the line and a RT who is being claimed as top 5 in the league. Oh and some sort of demigod of  offensive line coaching.

I should be able  run for 3.5+ ypc behind this line

13 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Morris isn't going to make this Oline block better. There are two top 5 picks on the line and a RT who is being claimed as top 5 in the league. Oh and some sort of demigod of  offensive line coaching.

I should be able  run for 3.5+ ypc behind this line

While true, I agree that our LG is highly overrated. 

I think this is how my offensive line would look:

LT - Williams

LG - Sherff

C - Rouiller

RG - Long

RT - Moses

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Playing him ahead of Doctson and Quick is ridiculous. And yes, he's going to gain some yards if you force feed him the ball. 

I still don't get the point of crapping on him about it. Not his fault he wasn't injured all preseason and got some PT in game 1.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'd almost put Nsekhe at Guard or at least replace Moses with him

Thai, the reason why I put Scherff there is because at Iowa he played LT. Therefore he can deal with pass blockers. I honestly cannot see what Callahan and Gruden see in Lauvao that makes him a starter at the LG position. 

1 minute ago, mike23md said:

Thai, the reason why I put Scherff there is because at Iowa he played LT. Therefore he can deal with pass blockers. I honestly cannot see what Callahan and Gruden see in Lauvao that makes him a starter at the LG position. 

I meant on the right side. I like Ty better than Spencer or Morgan.

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Our Ol been good for two years let's not act as if our OL needs a rebuild they just need to wake the heck up .

might be time for Laveou to get benched tho .

It has not been good. Cousins has covered for it a lot. The inability to run the ball with this offensive line is telling.

Archived