GDT 9/22/19 Week 3: 2-0 Baltimore Ravens vs 2-0 Kansas City Chiefs

DreamKid

Due to the rain I think it makes the most sense to shutdown Andrews for this game. No use making his injury any worse, especially considering the conditions already increase the chances for an injury.

In terms of the rain making a win any less real, I disagree, if anything the Chiefs being without Fisher and Hill will be bigger excuses.

Ingram and Edwards rushing style will be particularly affective in a wet game, however I think this severely limits Lamar’s elite rushing gifts. He uses quickness and explosiveness to be affective and that type of style isn’t as conducive in the rain. What’s more, while Flacco excelled in wet and windy conditions typically, it will be interesting to see if Lamar is improved over his ball security in similar games last year.

23 hours ago, M.10.E said:

I think heavy rain helps us more than the Chiefs.

Not sure how this helps us more than the Chiefs. Sure we run the football but a large part of what makes that impactful is Lamar’s elite rushing threat. In a wet game that’s going to limit his effectiveness (if it’s as bad as they say). Ball security was also an issue last year.

I see the effects of the rain being neutral impact for both teams, however it increases our chances of injury more due to Lamar’s chances of running and a wet surface being an unreliable surface.

I’m hoping this is a game we can do most of the damage with Lamar in the pocket passing then without.