The Orca's Horror Movie Mafia and Interactive Massacre- Evil and Unknown Win!!!!

The Orca

Honestly most of the stuff was fine. I'm not sure I think mafia and the interactive stuff mix well but it was a fun experiment. The thing I had a problem with was the lynch escape mechanic. To me it's pretty broken when you don't balance it by making town more powerful. The lynch is towns biggest weapon and when you neuter it like that without balancing town appropriately it leaves the game pretty scum sided. For example, town could've gotten rid of one of the scum mvps day 1 had this mechanic not been around. 

Just now, Llamalover said:

The amount of thread wasn’t an excuse of me not voting, that was my legitimate mistake. Its just very easy to miss things when you get on and there’s thirty new pages. Half the game I was playing catch up and the other half I was just following what other people said because I assumed I missed something and they didn’t. Just wasn’t my cup of tea. It was an interesting idea, but I feel like it wasn’t a great mafia game

That is when you can ask for a recap.  Town that is paying attention should be able to give you a summary of the days events.  Some will see it as scummy looking, but if they hold that against you as a read, that is on them, not on you.  

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

@SwAg what do you think of the setup and mechanics?

The concepts were great.  I liked the interactive portion more than probably anyone else, and I like the idea of a difficult task to override a lynch, but I think from a host management perspective there should be some more tuning.

I think its difficult to get the misconception away from Town players on the lynch bit being fixed toward scum.  To me, whether or not you like the mechanic, it is a mechanic, and Town simply never adjusted for it.  

I basically made the Town’s argument for them: they should let me live and kill me at night if they’re so convinced I’m scum because I could survive the lynch.

• Like 1

Just now, squire12 said:

That is when you can ask for a recap.  Town that is paying attention should be able to give you a summary of the days events.  Some will see it as scummy looking, but if they hold that against you as a read, that is on them, not on you.  

The issue is that more often than not, scum will give a summary in favor of them, and now I’m playing into their hand. Again, just not my cup of tea. I prefer it better when it’s just threadplay to work through.

1 minute ago, Llamalover said:

The issue is that more often than not, scum will give a summary in favor of them, and now I’m playing into their hand. Again, just not my cup of tea. I prefer it better when it’s just threadplay to work through.

I could see that for sure, especially newer players. That said, it was meant to be way more complex and intellectually challenging than a normal game

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I basically made the Town’s argument for them: they should let me live and kill me at night if they’re so convinced I’m scum because I could survive the lynch.

That’s literally exactly what I did. Unfortunately you did the same to me the same night. 

Just now, Llamalover said:

If there is no town that can help you out in that situation, that is on town as a collective.  you are right that scum will give a recap that slants things for sure.  but if there is no town player that is there and paying attention to that and calling them out, then town is doomed as a collective.  

THe interactive was part of the thread play.  Evil aligned was significantly more active in searching for items as a percentage than town was.  that added 3 kills to our arsenal and forge got another.  The grenade was also a kill (no one knew it at the time).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Orca said:

And @Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Pickle wasnt getting the prompts right. He got 3 of the 8 and the game got 3/8

My guess the ones not used he would have missed almost all. The easy ones kept getting picked by the randomizer lol

No one was living over and over

At least from my perspective it has nothing to do with pickle specifically and just the mechanic itself.

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I have no idea how you’re all going to whine about mechanics when half of Town lolclaimed by the middle of D2 and another few did the same by mid-D3, and had people miss moves, and keep me alive.

Town **** the bed, no denying that. Doesn't mean I can't also separately not like the mechanics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

At least from my perspective it has nothing to do with pickle specifically and just the mechanic itself.

Town **** the bed, no denying that. Doesn't mean I can't also separately not like the mechanics.

Yeah, you trash can.  You sucked.  Both lives.

1 minute ago, Llamalover said:

I guess I’m just intellectually challenged then

Not like that, I mean town had to determine scum hunting inside of house moves and thread play like usual. A combination. So for example is someone purposefully not searching the house cause they have a reason to live