Sack Barrett wins NFC defensive player of the month for September

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

Imagine if we had another competent player who could get pressure as well.....

I kind of disagree.  The 4 man rush is doing it s job.  Barrett is getting the pay off, but I like there are no escape lanes either to the right or up the middle, sans the 4th down play.  If anything the MLB A gap blitz hasn t worked, better off limiting that blitz and rushing 4.

The secondary is better then last yr, but not close enough yet for more PBU and dropping at least or being penalized on 3 INTs over the last 2 games.  Also, the 3rd and 4th defensive holding penalties to extend drives have been killers.  If the secondary can improve, win/losses will improve

Edited by ravishingone

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I kind of disagree.  The 4 man rush is doing it s job.  Barrett is getting the pay off, but I like there are no escape lanes either to the right or up the middle, sans the 4th down play.  If anything the MLB A gap blitz hasn t worked, better off limiting that blitz and rushing 4.

The secondary is better then last yr, but not close enough yet for more PBU and dropping at least or being penalized on 3 INTs over the last 2 games.  Also, the 3rd and 4th defensive holding penalties to extend drives have been killers.  If the secondary can improve, win/losses will improve

We didn't touch Jones except when Shaq got the sack.  We only really phased him a few times other than Shaq.  That is not good.  

Pretty soon teams will gameplan and throw an extra guy at him and then we won't get any pass rush.  

33 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

We didn't touch Jones except when Shaq got the sack.  We only really phased him a few times other than Shaq.  That is not good.  

Pretty soon teams will gameplan and throw an extra guy at him and then we won't get any pass rush.  

Then Vea walks his single guy into the QB that much faster. Vea eats when he isn't double teamed. He still pushes two guys like they're a sled.

An extra blocker leaves less guys to cover.