Is Aaron Rodgers still good as a pre-snap QB?

AlexGreen#20

@AlexGreen#20  Do you have the down and distance?  Quarter this play was run in?  I see no playclock, so are we up against it?

Sometimes the D has things figured out based on the scouting that they do.  It happens and you move onto the next play.  

There was less than stellar blocking on the right side which certainly would compound any poor read from Rodgers.  

7 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Guessing GB wasn’t expecting two guys to follow the motion.  Then time ran out.  Just spit balling here.

My feel as well. If that wasn't clear yet. I ask a lot of stupid questions to try and not look stupid at the end lol

7 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

After viewing this single offensive play out of over 50 from Sunday's contest against the Broncos, and without knowing the complete context of why the play was called as it was, if all 10 of the other offensive players executed the play as they were supposed to, etc., etc., how could any reasonable fan possibly not be convinced that Aaron Rodgers is no longer good as a pre-snap QB?

I mean the evidence is absolutely overwhelming.

**** my life 

I kinda of agree with ToT

BRB committing seppuku

46 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

0JpaBZU.gif

Somebody explain to me how a veteran QB that isn't pouting is doing this nonsense?

You have the world's softest look running right that you are ever going to get. Why aren't you taking it? Why are you motioning to bring 2 other defenders into the area with your one blocker?

How predictable is our offense that the Broncos knew to move two defenders over to Lewis' side?

Bulaga blocks no one.  Looks like he and Tonyan go after the same defender, but neither do anything.  Hell, push the defender to the sidelines and get some lane for the RB to cut up.

Allison runs past 2 defenders on his way to the deep safety.  Looks like he is afraid of contact.

Lewis allows Miller to go inside, but does not really seal him inside, looks like he moves to the next level for some reason.

So the 4 outside blockers....Bulaga, Tonyan, Lewis and Allison block a grad total of 0 defenders of the 4 defenders they run by.

Jenkins gets beat on the backside and there is no cut back option.  If he gets that, there is a hole with 34 1 v 1 with Jones

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I just can't see how to judge aaron for this because:

(1) Are we sure Aaron told Lewis to motion? Or was it just built into the play?

(2) If Aaron told Lewis to motion, how would he know it would draw 2 defenders?

(3) Prior to the motion, we had a hat on a hat right of the center, after the motion, we still had a hat on a hat to the right of the center (just two more bodies)

(4) Is it worth a time-out once Rodgers saw 2 defenders shift?

1. Who cares, take the free yards to the right?

2. See #1

3a. Before the motion you had a very simple route to a hole. You have a really nice combo block opportunity with Turner and Bulaga working up to 51 who is already out of the hole and has a really hard fill, and Tonyan faceguarding. Miller isn't going to want to give up the outside contain to try and beat Tonyan across his face. If he does, Jones should be reading to take it outside.

3b. Look at where 51 is before the motion and after the motion. Barely a half step different. Look at how Linsley is able to get to 51 after the motion. He's got a half step disadvantage on the block before the motion, but the play isn't nearly as heavily keyed. You might not even have needed the combo block in 3a.

3c. After the motion, you have the safety come over the top to take the outside of Lewis. That should have killed the outside run idea from the beginning. You have Miller aligned to take the gap between Tonyan and Lewis. Jewell has the gap between Tonyan and Bulaga with the DT having the gap between Turner and Bulaga. There's no good gap. Lewis traps Miller inside. Somebody has to go get Jewell, which is Tonyan. Jewell seems to have a damn nice read on the play even before the snap which makes that block basically impossible, but again, even if it magically happens, there's still a safety there to contian. 

4. See #1

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Bulaga blocks no one.  Looks like he and Tonyan go after the same defender, but neither do anything.  Hell, push the defender to the sidelines and get some lane for the RB to cut up.

Allison runs past 2 defenders on his way to the deep safety.  Looks like he is afraid of contact.

Lewis allows Miller to go inside, but does not really seal him inside, looks like he moves to the next level for some reason.

So the 4 outside blockers....Bulaga, Tonyan, Lewis and Allison block a grad total of 0 defenders of the 4 defenders they run by.

Jenkins gets beat on the backside and there is no cut back option.  If he gets that, there is a hole with 34 1 v 1 with Jones

Who's Bulaga supposed to get to?

This is hurting my brain but everyone keeps talking about him. What the **** is he supposed to do?

12 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Guessing GB wasn’t expecting two guys to follow the motion.  Then time ran out.  Just spit balling here.

Why are you motioning after seeing the first look? What possible divine sequence of events is going to give you a better running look than what you have there?

9 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@AlexGreen#20  Do you have the down and distance?  Quarter this play was run in?  I see no playclock, so are we up against it?

Sometimes the D has things figured out based on the scouting that they do.  It happens and you move onto the next play.  

There was less than stellar blocking on the right side which certainly would compound any poor read from Rodgers.  

This was first and ten, 1st quarter.

Ball was snapped with 8 seconds left on the play clock.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Going from right to left:

Allison is going to block the safety. That's very standard. The idea is that the CB should be going with him and taking himself out of the play.

It's an outside zone play. Lewis is trying to seal Miller inside. Miller goes inside. Perfect. He's out of the play or at least should be. 

Tonyan goes to block Jewell. Jewell has a great jump on this play and beats him there. No TE in the league is going to beat an ILB to that spot with the jump Jewell got on this. That's the problem with being predictable. The LBs get a great jump. 

Bulaga has no one to block. The backside ILB got picked up by Linsley. His options are to help one of Linsley or Turner. He had no primary blocker. In the zone schemes, sometimes you just step for the sake of keeping the line motion.

++++

None of this is relevant because. . . WHY ARE YOU NOT RUNNING ON THAT FIRST LOOK?

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why are you motioning after seeing the first look? What possible divine sequence of events is going to give you a better running look than what you have there?

Good point. Best case he drags one guy and what does that do. 

I get it. I got too wrapped up into everything after that

• Like 1