Around The NFL: Gameday Talk

Jroc04

4 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

Schwartz seems to be getting some buzz for a head coaching job. 

McDermott should be on the hot seat for how he handled this QB situation. 

If Schwartz gets a HC job and McDermott gets fired, I want McDermott to be our next DC.

Ehhhhhhhhh, I hope we keep Schwartz, McDermott wasn't terribly well received here before, I'm not sure I have faith in him honestly. I'd rather promote from within if need be.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Ehhhhhhhhh, I hope we keep Schwartz, McDermott wasn't terribly well received here before, I'm not sure I have faith in him honestly. I'd rather promote from within if need be.

Ken Flajole who is our LB coach would be a good candidate... he has been a DC before.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's his track record like. What about the DL coach Chris Wilson?

He was the Rams DC from 09-11. He has done a great job with Bradham, Hicks, and this season Kendricks bouncing back. 

Wilson is another one that Doug can look at as well. 

1 hour ago, Phire said:

God I hate that any success and the bottom feeders start thinking about poaching our coaches. GTFO.

I was on the Bucs board maybe? And they were talking about how they wanted to basically take Schwartz, Flip and Joe Douglas from us this offseason. Just going for the holy trinity.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I was on the Bucs board maybe? And they were talking about how they wanted to basically take Schwartz, Flip and Joe Douglas from us this offseason. Just going for the holy trinity.

That's hard to recover from. When Andy started losing coaches he never replaced them adequately. It's how we ended up with guys like Castillo and Marty. Even for a team like FSU that's been the majority of their problems. After the National Championship we literally lost everyone, players and coaches. Only the Patriots and Alabama survive losing a coaching staff year after year.

Look at the Panthers... they had some success, then started losing guys like McDermott who were good defensive coordinators.

Even the Falcons lost Shanahan who was orchestrating a great offense.

If we win it all I don't care who leaves to be honest, but if we don't, that'll suck to have a new defensive coordinator suddenly and other important coaches gone. Our development has been outstanding this season.

Just now, Phire said:

That's hard to recover from. When Andy started losing coaches he never replaced them adequately. It's how we ended up with guys like Castillo and Marty. Even for a team like FSU that's been the majority of their problems. After the National Championship we literally lost everyone, players and coaches. Only the Patriots and Alabama survive losing a coaching staff year after year.

Look at the Panthers... they had some success, then started losing guys like McDermott who were good defensive coordinators.

Even the Falcons lost Shanahan who was orchestrating a great offense.

If we win it all I don't care who leaves to be honest, but if we don't, that'll suck to have a new defensive coordinator suddenly and other important coaches gone. Our development has been outstanding this season.

Who is "Flip"? 
If they're taking Dave Fipp, I don't see why he'd leave. I could see if they offer Schwartz a HC and Douglas a GM position, but how are they gonna entice Fipp?

On 11/18/2017 at 8:43 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm in the Inland Empire, so an Uber definitely isn't in the cards.

Those seats still look pretty nice and I'm sure it looks closer in person.

Hmu if you get tickets. 

Archived