Week 4: Redskins (0-3) vs. Giants (1-2): Sunday 1 pm

MikeT14

And people still act like it’s a no-brainer to pay Scherff like he’s Zack Martin. 

This will be the 3rd straight year (out of 5) where he hasn’t played a full 16-game slate, including missing half the season last year. Martin has missed 2 games in his entire 6-year career. 

If you’re going to give a huge contract to a guard, it damn sure better be one you can count on to be durable. The only thing worse than paying $15M to a guard is paying $15M to a guard that’s constantly shuffling out of the lineup because he’s frequently hurt. 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

And people still act like it’s a no-brainer to pay Scherff like he’s Zack Martin. 

This will be the 3rd straight year (out of 5) where he hasn’t played a full 16-game slate, including missing half the season last year. Martin has missed 2 games in his entire 6-year career. 

If you’re going to give a huge contract to a guard, it damn sure better be one you can count on to be durable. The only thing worse than paying $15M to a guard is paying $15M to a guard that’s constantly shuffling out of the lineup because he’s frequently hurt. 

So we let another good player walk and replace him with what? I’m not trying to be a jerk when I say that E but how do we replace him? The team has holes everywhere and I just don’t see the point of creating another one. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So we let another good player walk and replace him with what? I’m not trying to be a jerk when I say that E but how do we replace him? The team has holes everywhere and I just don’t see the point of creating another one. 

I agree they should resign him, but with these injuries and his play as of late he has lost some leverage in what he should be asking to be paid. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think we should franchise Scherff to give him another year to prove himself. And if not, we can replace him with a draft pick next season that will compete with Will Martin and Ross P to be the starting RG.

Re-sign Ereck Flowers to be the starting LG.

It’s true that there will be a hole created at RG if we don’t keep Scherff long term but when you weigh that hole - which can be replaced by one of our young interior OL, a draft pick or a cheaper vet - vs. giving Scherff a 6-year $80 million plus contract, it might make more sense to move on and go with the cheaper option and use that extra $14 million on improving other positions.

Edited by turtle28

14 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

People still want to see Haskins without Brandon and Scary Terry? If you do, that helps him or the team how? 

Yes. Can’t be scared bc things aren’t perfect. If that’s your litmus test, then Haskins will never play bc things are never going to be perfect for him.

Of course playing in a regular season game will help Haskins. Every regular snap he takes will help him develop into hopefully the franchise QB we want him to be. And, the quicker we play Haskins and he gets those reps it probably means the faster he becomes a good to great QB.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

TerryBradshaw just said Case Keenum is the answer! The answer to what exactly? Haha 🤣 

Keenum has been far from terrible this season. He was awful against the Bears but it’s not time for Haskins. I stand by my opinion that he should start the Miami game and I do not want him playing the Patriots but if he goes in today you can’t take him back out.