We should keep haskins on the bench.

mar29020

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Stephen A doesn’t know football. It’s a hot take show, the show is made for two reporters to say crazy things that they are told to disagree on and then argue about it for ratings. It’s a poor man’s Pardon the Interruption with worse reporters. They are both blowhards, often say kind nonsensical stuff but have little true information to back up their points. 

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

99 - beat the Lions. You're moving the goal posts. All I said was I wouldn't call Reid a playoff success. He does well in the regular season, gets there, and kind of fizzles out. They don't necessarily "win playoff games and make super bowls" - he's lost more than he's won and he's been to 1 Super Bowl. All things better than Gruden, of course. He's had a nice, long, mostly successful career in the NFL, that's true.

Remember when Alex Smith was blamed for not winning playoff games, but in reality he played for a HC who went to the playoffs every year for almost 20 years straight and only went to the Super Bowl once and guess what he lost that game?

Perhaps it was more Reid’s issues than Alex’s.

Reid couldn’t win in the playoffs with McNabb, Vick or Alex Smith. All 3 were taken 1st or 2nd in the draft.

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s fine, keep backing Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen’s decision to not re-sign the best QB the franchise had since 1985.

He was never worth 84 million guranteed! If anything they were suppose to trade him! He has a habit of coming up short in big games so I can understand not resigning him for the contract he got. You know the same way I said our RG may be asking for too much right now based on his performance lately. I keep it 💯. 

I guess playoffs and SuperBowls aren't big games to you. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Stephen A doesn’t know football. It’s a hot take show, the show is made for two reporters to say crazy things that they are told to disagree on and then argue about it for ratings. It’s a poor man’s Pardon the Interruption with worse reporters. They are both blowhards, often say kind nonsensical stuff but have little true information to back up their points. 

Right, so I guess he has no inside source telling him this information? 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I doubt he does. You do understand what ”First Take” is correct? 

I'm done with this discussion. I HIGHLY doubt these guys have no inside sources. Their not like you just talking out the their buttocks. 

Stephen A Smith does alot at ESPN. 

Edited by Skins212689

Just now, Skins212689 said:

I'm done with this discussion. I HIGHLY doubt these guys have no inside sources. Their not like you just talking out the their buttocks. 

Stephen A does w/ basketball writers. In terms of football, he just giving an opinion as you or I would  be if we were on that crappy show!

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He was never worth 84 million guranteed! If anything they were suppose to trade him! He has a habit of coming up short in big games so I can understand not resigning him for the contract he got. You know the same way I said our RG may be asking for too much right now based on his performance lately. I keep it 💯. 

I guess playoffs and SuperBowls aren't big games to you. 

I’d rather win 8 to 9 games - possibly get a few breaks and win 10 to 12 in a season w/ Kirk & a better D - with a QB who can get us there w/ no running game and the worst historical defense on 3rd down in NFL history than watch a team that will probably win less than 5 games and won’t even start it’s rookie QB so they can get live reps and develop faster.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’d rather win 8 to 9 games - possibly get a few breaks and win 10 to 12 in a season w/ Kirk & a better D - with a QB who can get us there w/ no running game and the worst historical defense on 3rd down in NFL history than watch a team that will probably win less than 5 games and won’t even start it’s rookie QB so they can get live reps and develop faster.

You like mediocrity, I like SuperBowls! 

12 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You obviously don't watch ESPN like I do or you'd know he does way more than that. 

My opinion of Stephen A Smith is he’s a blowhard. He's like Di*k Vitale. He speaks loud and screams at people on set with him but he offers little facts. He's mostly opinion.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, Skins212689 said:

You like mediocrity, I like SuperBowls! 

Cousins got the Redskins to mediocrity with an awful defense. Who knows what would have happened if they develop a good to great defense and a good running game with a young back like Guice.

Kirk’s passing game w/ Peterson’s running game last year gets the Redskins to the playoffs I believe.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

My opinion of Stephen A Smith is he’s a blowhard. He's like **** Vitale. He speaks loud and screams at people on set with him but he offers little facts. He's mostly opinion.

Thats your opinion. While I see a guy who also backs his stuff up with facts. His opinion on certain things can come from his inside sources. Like if Jay is let go after Sunday games, Smith got that from a inside source. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Thats your opinion. While I see a guy who also backs his stuff up with facts. His opinion on certain things can come from his inside sources. Like if Jay is let go after Sunday games, Smith got that from a inside source. 

Ok, name the source.