We should keep haskins on the bench.

mar29020

Gruden was right he is not ready. 

• his footwork is sloppy
  • he holds the ball to long
  • he go's for the big play way to much
  • lacking the internal pocket clock

Why rush this? he's a 22 year old kid with all the tools. We have a horrible team. lets not ruin him! let him ride the bench like mahommes. We need to rebuid our team next off-season. I think haskins needs a full off-season as coaching to correct some of his issues. He is VERY RAW but full of talent. He is not taking us to the playoffs. To ME, he should play no more then 4 games if he does play this year. This team is a disaster and in transition to a new HC. So lets not ruin his confidence this year. Let Colt take the licks. I know most of you are impatient (like myself), but we arent gonna be good. Lets just tank and rebuild in the off-season. I think Dwayne will be much better next year with a full off-season of coaching. BE PATIENT! CHANGE IS COMING!

9 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

Let Gruden do what he wants. He knows how to coach a QB. He sees Haskins every day. I guarantee if haskins was the best chance to win he would be playing now. He may not be a great HC but he knows how to coach a passing game.

Gruden sucks!

Would I have a beer with him? You bet...

We could sit at the bar & throw down a bunch of Coronas. We could talk about his inability to lead these men to victory. His 2nd half adjustments, his unwillingness to run the ball, his 30 second playcall verbage that causes delay of games, his injury excuses after every loss.

The things we could discuss, would take hours. I'd pay for the drinks of course & his cab due to hours of humiliation conversation. And tell the Cab Driver to take him to Oakland, California.

1 hour ago, mar29020 said:

Gruden was right he is not ready. 

• his footwork is sloppy
  • he holds the ball to long
  • he go's for the big play way to much
  • lacking the internal pocket clock

Why rush this? he's a 22 year old kid with all the tools. We have a horrible team. lets not ruin him! let him ride the bench like mahommes. We need to rebuid our team next off-season. I think haskins needs a full off-season as coaching to correct some of his issues. He is VERY RAW but full of talent. He is not taking us to the playoffs. To ME, he should play no more then 4 games if he does play this year. This team is a disaster and in transition to a new HC. So lets not ruin his confidence this year. Let Colt take the licks. I know most of you are impatient (like myself), but we arent gonna be good. Lets just tank and rebuild in the off-season. I think Dwayne will be much better next year with a full off-season of coaching. BE PATIENT! CHANGE IS COMING!

I agree with all of this. 

Except I don't think change is coming. Allen isn't going anywhere. Until Bruce Allen is removed from football operations, and replaced with an independent, competent GM, everything else is just window dressing.

Already opened pandora's box, it’d be foolish to turn back now. He needs reps and needs to develop. The best way for him to do that is to be the starter, get starters reps during practice every week and to get live game action.

I agree he's not perfect or a finished product. He’ll get better the fastest if he's starting though.

I’ll also say that your bullet points are an issue a lot of NFL QBs, so it's just things he has to work on. He’ll work on them and improve.

His footwork will improve. The best way for him to learn to make quicker decisions and to not want to go for the big play too much and sometimes just take what the defense is giving him is to learn that while playing on the field. That's not something you learn playing scout team or watching from the sidelines during the game.

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Already opened pandora's box, it’d be foolish to turn back now. He needs reps and needs to develop. The best way for him to do that is to be the starter, get starters reps during practice every week and to get live game action.

I agree he's not perfect or a finished product. He’ll get better the fastest if he's starting though.

I’ll also say that your bullet points are an issue a lot of NFL QBs, so it's just things he has to work on. He’ll work on them and improve.

His footwork will improve. The best way for him to learn to make quicker decisions and to not want to go for the big play too much and sometimes just take what the defense is giving him is to learn that while playing on the field. That's not something you learn playing scout team or watching from the sidelines during the game.

David Carr disagrees with you

3 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Let Gruden do what he wants. He knows how to coach a QB. He sees Haskins every day. I guarantee if haskins was the best chance to win he would be playing now. He may not be a great HC but he knows how to coach a passing game.

Wait where the hell is the evidence of this?!

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

THREE QB  SYSTEM. GET READY FOR SOME OF THE MOST EXOTIC PLAYS EVER CONCOCTED STRAIGHT FROM THE MIND OF OFFENSIVE DYNAMO JAY GRUDEN

1 minute ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

THREE QB  SYSTEM. GET READY FOR SOME OF THE MOST EXOTIC PLAYS EVER CONCOCTED STRAIGHT FROM THE MIND OF OFFENSIVE DYNAMO JAY GRUDEN

They're all playing a Qtr

Jay is dressing up & playing the final 4th Qtr.

A win vs Brady would make his life.

Truth is...

I'd rather he be our QB, than our coach.

😁

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

They're all playing a Qtr

Jay is dressing up & playing the final 4th Qtr.

A win vs Brady would make his life.

Truth is...

I'd rather he be our QB, than our coach.

😁

I would rather Case take the snap, hand it off to Dwayne who rolls out to throw, hits a wide open Colt McCoy who was playing as an eligible receiver on the offensive line for some reason for a big TD. Redskins 192 Patriots -64. Manusky's defense is SO GOOD the Patriots give points back!