We should keep haskins on the bench.

mar29020

@e16bball Anytime a young player gets into the game they learn, and hopefully they learn from their mistakes and don't repeat them. So, to me it doesn't really matter if they're doing what they're comfortable with as a QB or not, bc he’ll be out there calling plays and working in and out of the huddle and getting to play against NFL caliber defenses regardless.

I realize this over a week and a half old, but no one fact checked this? Really??

On 10/2/2019 at 12:26 PM, turtle28 said:

Andy Reid is basically a better version of Jay Gruden, and that's been Reid’s MO for 20 years.

Perfect example, Andy Reid gets let go by the Eagles and 5 years later his protege and former back up QB - Doug Peterson - wins the Super Bowl with the QB that Reid drafted in 2012.

Reid = great offensive mind, good but not great HC.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/

Andy Reid: 1999-2019 (21 years), 325 games, 199-125-1 (.614, 29th best all-time amongst qualifying coaches); number of losing seasons: 3

Jay Gruden: 2014-2019 (5+ years), 85 games, 35-49-1 (.418, 138th best all-time amongst qualifying coaches); number of losing seasons: 4

On 10/2/2019 at 12:30 PM, turtle28 said:

No one is saying that Gruden is as good as Reid, although, I bet if look at Reid’s 1st 6 years as a HC from 99-05, their records would be similar.

We’re saying Jay is a poor man’s Reid. Jay is mediocre as a HC, Reid is  above average. We’re talking about 1 or 2 win a year difference here between that 2 - for most of Reid’s head coaching career - but it wasn't that way from 99-05 for Reid.

... you're joking, right? Okay then ...

1999: 5-11
2000: 11-5 (1-1 in the playoffs, lost in the divisional round)
2001: 11-5 (2-1 in the playoffs, lost in the conference championship)
2002: 12-4 (1-1 in the playoffs, lost in the conference championship)
2003: 12-4 (1-1 in the playoffs, lost in the conference championship)
2004: 13-3 (2-1 in the playoffs, lost in the Super Bowl)

64-32 (0.667), 7-5 in playoffs

tenor.gif

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, MikeT14 said:

99 - beat the Lions. You're moving the goal posts. All I said was I wouldn't call Reid a playoff success. He does well in the regular season, gets there, and kind of fizzles out. They don't necessarily "win playoff games and make super bowls" - he's lost more than he's won and he's been to 1 Super Bowl. All things better than Gruden, of course. He's had a nice, long, mostly successful career in the NFL, that's true.

Actually, 2005 (wild card round against Tampa Bay), when they won with just 120 yards of total offense (the game where Sean Taylor ran back a blocked field goal for a TD). Was a miserable game to watch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Be nice if we could start him for a full game, after a week's practice with the 1st team.

Instead of bringing him in not once, but twice after we are losing & getting our *** kicked.

Dude, can I watch the horror show from the beginning?

What are they doing to this poor kid?

How can you properly evaluate a QB, when the opposition has complete momentum.

See what the kid can do, when the score is 0-0. My goodness.

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Be nice if we could start him for a full game, after a week's practice with the 1st team.

Instead of bringing him in not once, but twice after we are losing & getting our *** kicked.

Dude, can I watch the horror show from the beginning?

What are they doing to this poor kid?

How can you properly evaluate a QB, when the opposition has complete momentum.

See what the kid can do, when the score is 0-0. My goodness.

gruden was doing it the right way.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:42 AM, mar29020 said:

just wanted to let you guys know that DUCK HODGES is out there winning games for the steelers but haskins isnt ready yet. THE 15TH OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT!!!.

Hodges played more than one season in college. He had 1896 pass attempts in college.

I don’t know what you expect the Redskins to do about the fact that they drafted Haskins right now. The draft is over, the Redskins already drafted Haskins and they need to work harder in developing him. It’s clear that Gruden didn’t want to deal with developing him, Gruden was busy working with Keenum and trying to have him ready so that he could save his job.

The Redskins can’t change the fact that they drafted Haskins now, they need to focus on developing him.

They need to patient with his development and fans should be patience at Haskins develops as well. Haskins has more talent than most other QBs in his draft class but he needs to be developed. Let’s hope he develops a lot over the rest of this year and next offseason.

Edited by turtle28