Jump to content
Nbanflguy

Kirk Cousins FACTS

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

Your posts have been very on point in this topic.  I can tell you that the only reason you're facing opposition from this guy is because he's a bitter Skins fan who is stuck with nothing at QB currently and maybe Haskins as their QB of the future.  I was concerned with Kirk's struggles too, but I've been saying forever that this offensive line is the real problem with the team and I think these last few weeks have proven that point to be correct

I told him and I'll tell you the same thing, Cousins wasn't getting 84 million guaranteed if it came down to me. So I'm not bitter at all. As I consistency have said, If he can't get you to were Keenum got you this will prove my point. 

I would've traded Cousins in the 2017 draft to San Fran for the #2 pick and came out of that draft with Deshawn Watson and Jonathon Allen as my 2017 1st round picks.

The offer I would've offered Cousins to stay is 50 million guranteed with a chance to earn 70 million in 5 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I want a super bowl. I realize the Vikings have never won a super bowl. It's not that easy. Where are these available Super Bowl quarterbacks? I think Cousins gives us a better chance than Keenum. The jury is out on Bridgewater but there's no guarantee he would have been any better last year. Who would we drafted at 30? Jackson? Apparently he's a running back player QB.

You keep dodging my point about this being a team game

Yet we all know who gets the credit when teams Win, the QB. Brady didn't win those 6 rings by himself. Hell Eli wouldn't get credit if his last name wasn't Manning. We know David Tyree and that Defense is the real reason they won. 

Wether you like it or not that 84 million guaranteed will always follow Cousins just like his record against competition will.

Edited by Skins212689

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I told him and I'll tell you the same thing, Cousins wasn't getting 84 million guaranteed if it came down to me. So I'm not bitter at all. As I consistency have said, If he can't get you to were Keenum got you this will prove my point. 

I would've traded Cousins in the 2017 draft to San Fran for the #2 pick and came out of that draft with Deshawn Watson and Jonathon Allen as my 2017 1st round picks.

The offer I would've offered Cousins to stay is 50 million guranteed with a chance to earn 70 million in 5 years. 

What would you have done as the Vikings? Before you say signing Bridgewater, that can be viewed as hindsight. I haven't watched him much to know how well he actually playing though. On Sunday the few plays I saw it seemed like the WRs had to wait for the ball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet we all know who gets the credit when teams Win, the QB. Brady didn't win those 6 rings by himself. Hell Eli wouldn't get credit if his last name wasn't Manning. We know David Tyree and that Defense is the real reason they won. 

Wether you like it or not that 84 million guaranteed will always follow Cousins just like his record against competition will.

So Eli does get the credit or no? What does his last name have to do with it. So Eli should be one of the top paid players in the league?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vikesfan89 said:

What would you have done as the Vikings? Before you say signing Bridgewater, that can be viewed as hindsight. I haven't watched him much to know how well he actually playing though. On Sunday the few plays I saw it seemed like the WRs had to wait for the ball

I would've kept Keenum for less money rather than overpaid for Cousins. I learned that the OC than got a JOB as the Giants coach and one past away but I still think I would've kept that team together before I signed Cousins to that deal. Keenum did do enough with that group of guys to win multiple playoff games and just fell one game short of the SuperBowl. Cousins got demolished in his 1 playoff game at home here in Washington. Yes he was at fault for the loss a well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relevant to this thread and something I found interesting considering his reputation:

Through 2016-18, Cousins has played the the 2nd most defenses top 10 in DVOA, at 18. Among the 15 QBs that I would say are franchise QBs with solid job security at this rate in time, not including rookies or sophomores, Cousins is 10th in passer rating, 9th in QBR (weighing each performance equal) and 8th in offensive points scored. Obviously not spectacular, but with his reputation you'd expect him to be at the bottom when compared against other franchise QBs when playing tougher competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

So Eli does get the credit or no? What does his last name have to do with it. So Eli should be one of the top paid players in the league?

I think your playing games now. I'll let you guys enjoy Cousin's, just don't be too disappointed if you don't get that Ring he was brung there to deliver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Relevant to this thread and something I found interesting considering his reputation:

Through 2016-18, Cousins has played the the 2nd most defenses top 10 in DVOA, at 18. Among the 15 QBs that I would say are franchise QBs with solid job security at this rate in time, not including rookies or sophomores, Cousins is 10th in passer rating, 9th in QBR (weighing each performance equal) and 8th in offensive points scored. Obviously not spectacular, but with his reputation you'd expect him to be at the bottom when compared against other franchise QBs when playing tougher competition.

Yet where does he rank in Winning? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skins212689 said:

I would've kept Keenum for less money rather than overpaid for Cousins. I learned that the OC than got a JOB as the Giants coach and one past away but I still think I would've kept that team together before I signed Cousins to that deal. Keenum did do enough with that group of guys to win multiple playoff games and just fell one game short of the SuperBowl. Cousins got demolished in his 1 playoff game at home here in Washington. Yes he was at fault for the loss a well. 

? Keenum played horrible in championship game and almost threw the saints game away but saved it at the end.

I loved what Keenum did for us don't get me wrong. He had a hell of a season but most people think he played way over his head and got away with a lot. I have a hard blaming them for taking a swing and getting cousins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I would've kept Keenum for less money rather than overpaid for Cousins. I learned that the OC than got a JOB as the Giants coach and one past away but I still think I would've kept that team together before I signed Cousins to that deal. Keenum did do enough with that group of guys to win multiple playoff games and just fell one game short of the SuperBowl. Cousins got demolished in his 1 playoff game at home here in Washington. Yes he was at fault for the loss a well. 

Zimmer didn't like Keenum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I think your playing games now. I'll let you guys enjoy Cousin's, just don't be too disappointed if you don't get that Ring he was brung there to deliver. 

Don't worry we are used to it.

I'm just trying to understand why you say Eli wouldn't get credit if it wasn't for his name right after saying the QB always gets credit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

? Keenum played horrible in championship game and almost threw the saints game away but saved it at the end.

I loved what Keenum did for us don't get me wrong. He had a hell of a season but most people think he played way over his head and got away with a lot. I have a hard blaming them for taking a swing and getting cousins

Ok no problem, just don't be disappointed if Cousins is a miss swing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok no problem, just don't be disappointed if Cousins is a miss swing. 

Yeah I'll just stop caring if they win or lose because we don't have Brady, Rodgers, or Brees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Don't worry we are used to it.

I'm just trying to understand why you say Eli wouldn't get credit if it wasn't for his name right after saying the QB always gets credit

Because he's like a Rex Grossman or Trent Dilfer to me. Don't get me wrong he's better than those guys, but he isn't no way near what his brother is in my opinion. Dilfer doesn't get credit for that Raven SuperBowl, nor do too many people remember Rex Grossman went to a SuperBowl. Both of those teams were lead to the SuperBowl by there Defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skins212689 said:

Because he's like a Rex Grossman or Trent Dilfer to me. Don't get me wrong he's better than those guys, but he isn't no way near what his brother is in my opinion. Dilfer doesn't get credit for that Raven SuperBowl, nor do too many people remember Rex Grossman went to a SuperBowl. Both of those teams were lead to the SuperBowl by there Defense. 

Got a ready made excuse for when the Vikings win the super bowl! Nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×