Kirk Cousins FACTS

Nbanflguy

6 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

I didn't say that I am Cousins fan...I am just pointing out that you need not establish run for Play Action to work and also that Cousins struggles are directly related to how the OL performs on that day rather than whether it's a Prime Time game or afternoon game

Check his record dating back to with the Skins he folds against winning teams. That's all I'm saying. Having a run game opens up the passing game. Even sometimes with a good run game you don't want Cousins throwing too much.

Edited by Skins212689

43 minutes ago, upriser7 said:

Thielen pretty much didn't play majority of the game today...after Thielen went out in first Quarter, the team scored 5 TDs in 7 drives, lot of them were long drives that started inside own 25. From watching Cousins over last year and half, I realized that the biggest factor that determines how Cousins is gonna perform on that day is how well the OL is gonna hold up...WRs, running game  etc are secondary factors. Stefansky(OC) has understood that Cousins biggest strength is Play Action and good thing is that they also seem to have realized that you need not necessarily 'establish the run' for play action to work.

Don't all QBs want a good OL? 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

I'm sorry. I thought this was a FACTS thread.

Facts are against Winning record opponents he doesn't win. In the end you play to win the game, not rack up stats. Tom Brady has the biggest stat that matters to most. 6 NFL SuperBowl Rings. But hey if your a numbers guy Kirk Cousins is the guy for that. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Facts are against Winning record opponents he doesn't win. In the end you play to win the game, not rack up stats. Tom Brady has the biggest stat that matters to most. 6 NFL SuperBowl Rings. But hey if your a numbers guy Kirk Cousins is the guy for that. 

You're not doing anything to disprove the fact that:

Cousins has played seven games this season. In two of those games, he's had a passer rating less than 112. In four of those games, his passer rating has been 138+.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

You're not doing anything to disprove the fact that:

Cousins has played seven games this season. In two of those games, he's had a passer rating less than 112. In four of those games, his passer rating has been 138+.

Your worried about stat facts. I and I think all NFL players want Ring Facts at the end of the day. He still has 0 rings and hasn't taken them to the level Keenum was able too. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Your worried about stat facts. I and I think all NFL players want Ring Facts at the end of the day. He still has 0 rings and hasn't taken them to the level Keenum was able too. 

Neat.

But that, again, does nothing to disprove his seven games this year.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool your fine paying the guy 84 million to not even get you into the playoffs, Im not. Still Facts. 

Your team is about to be 1-7 after Thursday. I'd prefer to pay 84 million and be competitive than already be hoping the Bengals win a game so I can grab the top pick.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Beat Winning Teams when it matter most. Do what he was paid 84 million dollars guranteed to do. Take them further than Keenum did.

Hopefully he can do that.  My feeling is that the Vikings brought him in because we had a great year with Case Keenum in 2017, but the coaching staff didn't have any faith that Keenum would be able to repeat that season's performance in the future.  There wasn't anyone on the market that would be the second coming of Tom Brady or Joe Montana.  We all knew that.  What the Vikings wanted to do was keep their Super Bowl window open for as long as possible and give ourselves a chance at winning it all.  Over the years, we have had several Hall of Fame QB's on the roster (Tarkenton, Moon, Favre) and none of them could get us to the promised land either.  I don't think it's fair to tell a guy who will never be on the level of those players that unless you do something none of them were able to do, you are a bust of a free agent acquisition. 

As far as I'm concerned, if we can get to the NFCCG once in the three years of his first contract, It will have been a successful signing.  If he can keep playing like he has the last few weeks and get us wins over playoff teams, I'll be just fine with him.  He hasn't done that yet in his career, but people do grow and become better as they progress through their careers.   We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1