The Other Games Thread Week #5

Iron_man

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The Rams are really regressing even though the kicker should have made the field goal. Bad OL, Gurley not the same, defense suspect. Pretender.

Good. 

I thought Seattle were soft on D though as well. Giving Goff everything underneath. We'd beat both these teams handily in a SB if played now. 

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

The Colts, with that oline and Mack and Reich, are an AFC sleeper/spoiler team. Especially once Malik Hooker is back for the playoffs.

This was their coming out party, one thing to note is that they don't look soft as in years past. If they play mistake free football they could go a long way. The Chiefs on the other hand look very vulnerable. That defense has seen almost no improvement since last year and will have to rely on the offense to get a massive lead to win games.

Poor Patrick Mahomes showing his true colors when faced with immobility as can't make throws when forced to be a pure pocket passer. Only pocket throws he can consistently make are the RPO college offense type throws. 

When teams play the Chiefs they need to not rush any d-linemen at him as just use the edge rushers to keep containment on the edge so Mahomes can't scramble to right/left and use the interior lineman to keep Mahomes from stepping up into the pocket. Bottom line is if you make Mahomes throw from where Brady likes to throw e.g. in the middle of the pocket he's just a mediocre QB at best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Poor Patrick Mahomes showing his true colors when faced with immobility as can't make throws when forced to be a pure pocket passer. Only pocket throws he can consistently make are the RPO college offense type throws. 

When teams play the Chiefs they need to not rush any d-linemen at him as just use the edge rushers to keep containment on the edge so Mahomes can't scramble to right/left and use the interior lineman to keep Mahomes from stepping up into the pocket. Bottom line is if you make Mahomes throw from where Brady likes to throw e.g. in the middle of the pocket he's just a mediocre QB at best.

I wouldn't say mediocre at best, but certainly not doing what he does best. Mahomes has strengths and weaknesses like any other.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I wouldn't say mediocre at best, but certainly not doing what he does best. Mahomes has strengths and weaknesses like any other.

That's why I don't rave about this guy as he can't make any reads as he's just an scrambler under center who uses it to disguise his inaccuracy from the pocket. His mobility makes it difficult to cover his receivers down the field b/c when he moves out of the pocket the coverage tends to lose their men and thus miracle throw & catches. Sooner or later defender are going to start picking off those errant passes and before you know it we'll have another Favre on our hands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

That's why I don't rave about this guy as he can't make any reads as he's just an scrambler under center who uses it to disguise his inaccuracy from the pocket. His mobility makes it difficult to cover his receivers down the field b/c when he moves out of the pocket the coverage tends to lose their men and thus miracle throw & catches. Sooner or later defender are going to start picking off those errant passes and before you know it we'll have another Favre on our hands.

While all true, I don't penalize a player like Mahomes for what he is great at even if it is unconventional and almost unique to him.