Week 5: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) @ Carolina Panthers (2-2) - Gardner Minshew vs Kyle Allen

Adrenaline_Flux

6 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I wholeheartedly agree this team is grand slam when it comes decisions or a complete and utter 3 strikes and your out type management. It’s going to boil down to will the ends justify the means. This gumbo the front office put together at the pot luck is either going to be a smash hit or lead you to food poisoning.

i think this gumbo we cooked on defense has burnt roux.

i think we could be a better defense maybe if we switched into a 3-4.

Campbell-Dareus-Bryan on the DL.  abry would be our backup for all 3 spots. 

Jacob-Jack-Allen-Ngakoue at the LB. allen would be a good fit i think as a ILB and OLB but for us i think we need an ILB next to jack that can be a take on guy and i believe thats allen.  Jacob should be a solid/adequate Run stopper/pass rusher along with some coverage abilities. snoot would be our backup OLB while williams would be the backup ILB

Nickle IMO should go

Allen-Campbell-dareus-Ngakoue on the Line

Jack and williams at LB. 

34 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i think this gumbo we cooked on defense has burnt roux.

i think we could be a better defense maybe if we switched into a 3-4.

Campbell-Dareus-Bryan on the DL.  abry would be our backup for all 3 spots. 

Jacob-Jack-Allen-Ngakoue at the LB. allen would be a good fit i think as a ILB and OLB but for us i think we need an ILB next to jack that can be a take on guy and i believe thats allen.  Jacob should be a solid/adequate Run stopper/pass rusher along with some coverage abilities. snoot would be our backup OLB while williams would be the backup ILB

Nickle IMO should go

Allen-Campbell-dareus-Ngakoue on the Line

Jack and williams at LB. 

It’s to late in the game to change your base defense but I do believe they would benefit more by giving Calais more interior snaps so Josh can work the edge more with Yann.. Calais with Dareus if not suspended would be more of nuance to Gs and Cs and allow Yann and Josh to feast on the outside. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

18 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

that sounds like the thing we need to have practice for besides u know our entire defense

It'll get cleaned up. Not worried about it...if that's the only flag with Minshew (and it is so far), I think we'll be fine.

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

that sounds like the thing we need to have practice for besides u know our entire defense

Defense can’t stop zone right it’s the only play the Carolina running game ran down the stretch. Calais and Dareus were getting washed on the interior and notably the Carolina Oline was running a couple of second stringers the whole game that makes it even more embarrassing.

24 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Im assuming replace cam and norwell

Cam idk about.

Norwell has to be unless he turns it around. He isn't all bad but every game there's 3 plays or so that are just terrible. Idk how you can continue at that salary with that.

56 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Cam idk about.

Norwell has to be unless he turns it around. He isn't all bad but every game there's 3 plays or so that are just terrible. Idk how you can continue at that salary with that.

9 million dead to just make 5.5 doesn't work unless they just gonna bench him and with the dead hit id wait till after next season where we save 9m and dead 6

32 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

9 million dead to just make 5.5 doesn't work unless they just gonna bench him and with the dead hit id wait till after next season where we save 9m and dead 6

He's not going to get replaced then.

You don't leave that cap hit on the bench/not playing if he's on the roster.

11 hours ago, .Buzz said:

He's not going to get replaced then.

You don't leave that cap hit on the bench/not playing if he's on the roster.

I would make him earn the starting spot. 

Just cuz u the highest paid lg doesnt make you the best guard or even the 10th best guard.   Players should earn the right to start vs being gifted a spot cuz of salary or where you were picked ie a round 1-3 pick.