Week 5: Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) @ Carolina Panthers (2-2) - Gardner Minshew vs Kyle Allen

Adrenaline_Flux

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fantastic game from Minshew. Just needs to work on taking care of the ball when he's scrambling in the pocket and he'll be golden.

Defense was garbage. We had no business being in that.

It was essentially the 2017 defense minus Jalen. Lots of big plays allowed especially in the running game. When the Panthers weren't hitting the big plays, they really weren't driving. 

Doesn't help that Caff is so damn good. Had war time flashbacks to that Rose Bowl game Stanford had with Iowa.

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

It was essentially the 2017 defense minus Jalen. Lots of big plays allowed especially in the running game. When the Panthers weren't hitting the big plays, they really weren't driving. 

Doesn't help that Caff is so damn good. Had war time flashbacks to that Rose Bowl game Stanford had with Iowa.

CMC def did his thing, but the backup RB came in and gashed us too.

Idk man...I doubt we play that poorly against the run again (although Kamara will be just as big of a challenge), but something needs to be done. Defense with this many talented pieces and it just doesn't feel like they get used right. We have a decent bit more to work with than a lot of other teams and we just seem unprepared/missing assignments left and right.

Sorry to say it Flip has to run the offense more through Minshew you’re going to live by him or die by him. If he’s protected he is a play maker if not he can be liability with the ball in his hand in the pocket. That was a good defense he went against minus their starting corner but that offense reminded me of when Keenan and Jimmy were running around they can score at anytime that’s promising. 

Wash ha you all already know how much I despise his D. But whatever!

Edited by DuvalsKing

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Someone forgot to tell Wash that CMC is really good

lol i think wash had a few concussions 

but heres my take without having really seen any of the game(god damn work knows i dont wanna work sundays but thats how they do me) we need a better Mike LBer(similiar to a poz or to that effect of a 2 down run stopper.  we also need to get better play from our interior DL to keep our Lbers clean so they can take out the lanes. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

CMC def did his thing, but the backup RB came in and gashed us too.

Idk man...I doubt we play that poorly against the run again (although Kamara will be just as big of a challenge), but something needs to be done. Defense with this many talented pieces and it just doesn't feel like they get used right. We have a decent bit more to work with than a lot of other teams and we just seem unprepared/missing assignments left and right.

well with any luck hopefully wash learned his lesson vs good athletic pass catching backs so he can apply to to next week. im not that worried about the saints offense if ramsey plays.  let ramsey shadow thomas if ramseys back is good enough to play. 

27 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

well with any luck hopefully wash learned his lesson vs good athletic pass catching backs so he can apply to to next week. im not that worried about the saints offense if ramsey plays.  let ramsey shadow thomas if ramseys back is good enough to play. 

Wash never learns his lesson against a team like the Panthers if you’re not disruptive at the point of a attack and you’re sitting back being reactionary against a cerebral player like 22 you’re looking for trouble there wasn’t much swarming to the ball carrier or anything it was a sad sight to see. Great players play great against great defenses look at what Jimmy did to the 00’ Ravens defense 🤷🏾‍♂️. Good doesn’t stop great we have a good defense like I alluded to before the season started. Everyone expected them to just return to 17’. And I want to add Wilson has had his hands on numerous balls that he just hasn’t turned over. He isn’t the answer and neither is Jack at middle linebacker Jacks inability to get off blocks at the mike is going to be the death nail in this defense letting Myles play free on the outside could have gave you way more flexibility defensively but they continue to box themselves in no creativity defensively whatsoever. 

Edited by DuvalsKing

10 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Wash never learns his lesson against a team like the Panthers if you’re not disruptive at the point of a attack and you’re sitting back being reactionary against a cerebral player like 22 you’re looking for trouble there wasn’t much swarming to the ball carrier or anything it was a sad sight to see. Great players play great against great defenses look at what Jimmy did to the 00’ Ravens defense 🤷🏾‍♂️. Good doesn’t stop great we have a good defense like I alluded to before the season started. Everyone expected them to just return to 17’. And I want to add Wilson has had his hands on numerous balls that he just hasn’t turned over. He isn’t the answer and neither is Jack at middle linebacker Jacks inability to get off blocks at the mike is going to be the death nail in this defense letting Myles play free on the outside could have gave you way more flexibility defensively but they continue to box themselves in no creativity defensively whatsoever. 

only problem with that plan is then u wasted a 3rd round pick on williams whos strictly a WLB and jacobs is fine as a sam LBer.

not to mention paying 10M+ for a WLB or SLB is completely and utterly insane

Edited by LinderFournette

12 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

only problem with that plan is then u wasted a 3rd round pick on williams whos strictly a WLB and jacobs is fine as a sam LBer.

not to mention paying 10M+ for a WLB or SLB is completely and utterly insane

I wholeheartedly agree this team is grand slam when it comes decisions or a complete and utter 3 strikes and your out type management. It’s going to boil down to will the ends justify the means. This gumbo the front office put together at the pot luck is either going to be a smash hit or lead you to food poisoning.

Edited by DuvalsKing