ALCS: Yankees vs Astros

Leader

Supplementing the above...........

Mr. Didi - who's lack of production at the plate has seen him slide to 9th in the batting order - needs to stop auditioning for the 10th or 11th spot in the lineup. We dont have players on the roster now to juggle infielders around. He's done nothing with the bat except allow his swing to become more uncontrolled.

We need to hit better. We've been pitching fine.

HOU's scored all of 3 runs in 20 innings.

Edited by Leader

Boone answering a question about removing Paxton in the third:

"You're playing to win the game. You're not playing it.....what if we go 13, you know? You're playing it to what gives up the best chance to win here and the bottom line is we end up giving up a third run in the 11th inning. I'd say from a run prevention standpoint it went pretty well"

I agree.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Supplementing the above...........

Mr. Didi - who's lack of production at the plate has seen him slide to 9th in the batting order - needs to stop auditioning for the 10th or 11th spot in the lineup. We dont have players on the roster now to juggle infielders around. He's done nothing with the bat except allow his swing to become more uncontrolled.

We need to hit better. We've been pitching fine.

HOU's scored all of 3 runs in 20 innings.

Yeah too bad Stanton is a giant wuss. Who tf sits out of the ALCS over a strained quad? Get your *** in the lineup 

• Like 1

Ryan Ruocco/ESPN:  You can try and examine bullpen decisions if you like but anyone would’ve signed up for how that game unfolded vs Verlander & job Yanks staff as a whole did. Yanks just didn’t have good at-bats vs Astros pen tonight. Tied after two. To the Bronx.

21 hours ago, Leader said:

Ryan Ruocco/ESPN:  You can try and examine bullpen decisions if you like but anyone would’ve signed up for how that game unfolded vs Verlander & job Yanks staff as a whole did. Yanks just didn’t have good at-bats vs Astros pen tonight. Tied after two. To the Bronx.

Yep. People hating on Boone are idiots. I thought he managed beautifully. Paxton couldn’t make it through 3 innings and the Yankees staff still held the Astros to 3 runs in 11 innings. That isn’t on Boone, or the pitchers. That’s on the lineup.

I feel like a rain delay tomorrow benefits the Yankees. Boone can go balls to the walls with his bullpen tonight, and he gets a "free" day off.

My question is will they still get a travel day back to Houston if there's a Game 6? Or would a postponement tomorrow mean they have to play Game 5 on what would have been the travel day?

56 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I feel like a rain delay tomorrow benefits the Yankees. Boone can go balls to the walls with his bullpen tonight, and he gets a "free" day off. My question is will they still get a travel day back to Houston if there's a Game 6? Or would a postponement tomorrow mean they have to play Game 5 on what would have been the travel day?

Interesting point.......

Regular season:
Only time the NYY played at HOU this year was 4/8 - after playing a day game at BALT on 4/7.
When they traveled back to Texas it was to play TEX on (Friday) 9/27 - with an off / travel day on 9/26.

ALCS:

If the Wednesday (10/16) night game is rained out (as it appears likely.....)  -- the Thursday (10/17) game is an 8PM start.

The way these guys play, it wont be over till late.

Could they fit in a day game on the planned travel day of Friday (10/18?) Yes.
Would it be easier for the 10/18 game to start at night? Yes - but it would be a ***** on both teams to play at night - travel to HOU - to play on 10/19. I think they'd probably schedule a 10/18 game - on the planned travel day - for late afternoon/evening.

At which point, the series will be over and HOU can travel back home at their leisure and the NYY head off to the WS   :)

/////////////////

Wait. Cancel that. Even if....not if....when NYY wins today and Thursday - they'd still need to travel to HOU in order to put them out of their misery. Oh well. Just more frequent flyer miles.

Edited by Leader

Aaron Boone on the weather forecast for tomorrow “not good.” Said Masahiro Tanaka will likely start Game 4 if it’s moved to Thursday. Widespread thunderstorms scheduled for the NYC area tomorrow; chance of rain at 100% at first pitch.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

I hate Stanton

Aaron Boone says that Giancarlo Stanton is feeling better. He’s scheduled to workout today and the Yankees see him available as a hitter off the bench today. Boone says he’s “optimistic.”

Giancarlo Stanton would be ineligible for the World Series if the Yankees take him off the ALCS roster. Aaron Boone declined to give a grade on the strain but said they are asking Stanton to be frank with them about his ability to play.