You Have 24 Hours (Final Challenge on 250).

MacReady

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I guess you’re out on this one since your math troubles are well documented.

I stand by the opinion..

Heres a smaller version of our previous debate 

There are 10 chests. There are bombs inside 2 random chests

It is revealed that there is a bomb in chest 4

To say “it is statistically unlikely that 2 bombs would be next to each other, therefore chests 3 and 5 are safer bets” is a fallacy

chests 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10 still have a statistically equal chance of having the bomb, despite the fact that 2 bombs next to each other is less likely than the bombs being separated

it’s the same fallacy of thinking there has to be a mafia between numbers 8 and 14 simply because dispersion is more likely than them being bunched

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

I stand by the opinion..

To say “it is statistically unlikely that 2 bombs would be next to each other, therefore chests 3 and 5 are safer bets” is a fallacy

chests 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,10 still have a statistically equal chance of having the bomb, despite the fact that 2 bombs next to each other is less likely than the bombs being separated

it’s the same fallacy of thinking there has to be a mafia between numbers 8 and 14 simply because dispersion is more likely than them being bunched

agree.

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

@Outpost31

am I allowed to resubmit, given the new information that highest score gets an advantage?

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Monster Mayhem is definitely next.  The highest scores here will get the best pick of their monster.  I will re-tag everyone soon to make this announcement official.  Ties will be broken by tiebreaker rounds.  I will obviously allow for changes to be made.

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I stand by the opinion..

That’s literally not the argument.  I’m shocked that the intersection of math and reading has left you nothing short of dumbfounded.

23 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Ratings Update:

In just under a week, You Have 24 Hours has reached half the posts of Survivor III. 

It has over a quarter of the number of posts in Big Brother 8, and it has over a 7th of the views. 

It is now in the running for a TASTY Best Game Award. 

GotY without the host updating the title with the page number of the active challenge

gonna be a long shot

Edited by Malfatron