MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 hour ago, R T said:

It can be both, it is ok for people to acknowledge they were not playing well also with the understanding that there is a strong likelihood they will play much better.  

And give me the reason why they weren't playing well and show me why I told you guys that, at that point, it didn't matter. If Khris had come back and they were still struggling, sure, then be worried. Simple fact is, we've lost 1 game when Giannis, Khris and Jrue play in the rotation. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

And give me the reason why they weren't playing well and show me why I told you guys that, at that point, it didn't matter. If Khris had come back and they were still struggling, sure, then be worried. Simple fact is, we've lost 1 game when Giannis, Khris and Jrue play in the rotation. 

Going back and reading the comments I don't see anyone claiming they felt the Bucks were in trouble long term. Declaring that they would be fine long term and going to the 'I told you so' is low hanging fruit picking. Of course, they will be fine in the long run in all likelihood barring injuries, but it doesn't change the facts about their play at that time. They started the season 9-0 and have won their last 11, yet in between they were 20-17 with some very ugly play. Blowing a large lead to the Bulls and losing in OT, blowing a 16-point lead in the last 1:19 of the 4th quarter to Toronto are a few examples of that ugly play. 

Big picture is that they will be one of the favorites to the end and should be, but when they play poorly it should be ok to point that out also without it being taken that they can't win the championship. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

Going back and reading the comments I don't see anyone claiming they felt the Bucks were in trouble long term. Declaring that they would be fine long term and going to the 'I told you so' is low hanging fruit picking. Of course, they will be fine in the long run in all likelihood barring injuries, but it doesn't change the facts about their play at that time. They started the season 9-0 and have won their last 11, yet in between they were 20-17 with some very ugly play. Blowing a large lead to the Bulls and losing in OT, blowing a 16-point lead in the last 1:19 of the 4th quarter to Toronto are a few examples of that ugly play. 

Big picture is that they will be one of the favorites to the end and should be, but when they play poorly it should be ok to point that out also without it being taken that they can't win the championship. 

Now explain to me why they were playing poorly. 

17 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Now explain to me why they were playing poorly. 

Seems like you're looking for the over simplified answer of injuries to explain it all away, but everyone is dealing with injuries to some degree. Boston playing without their 3 or 4 best players last night pushed the fully staffed Bucks to overtime. Fact is the Bucks were out of sync and not playing very well for a month or so and there was more to it than just some injuries. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, R T said:

Seems like you're looking for the over simplified answer of injuries to explain it all away, but everyone is dealing with injuries to some degree. Boston playing without their 3 or 4 best players last night pushed the fully staffed Bucks to overtime. Fact is the Bucks were out of sync and not playing very well for a month or so and there was more to it than just some injuries. 

No, not just "some" injuries. They were without their all-star, isolation late game scoring option for 50+ games. You don't just replace an incredibly vital player to your offense with *checks notes* Grayson Allen and Jevon Carter. Jrue Holiday missed time then, Giannis missed games. It was 40 games into an 82 game season and they hadn't had a single game fully healthy. There was no reason, for any level headed fan, to be worried or even care at that time. 

We play ugly ball. We won a title playing ugly ball. There's nothing pretty about Milwaukee Bucks basketball and there hasn't been since Bud became coach. We're built for playoff basketball and that's really all that matters. 

Edited by beekay414

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, not just "some" injuries. They were without their all-star, isolation late game scoring option for 50+ games. You don't just replace an incredibly vital player to your offense with *checks notes* Grayson Allen and Jevon Carter. Jrue Holiday missed time then, Giannis missed games. It was 40 games into an 82 game season and they hadn't had a single game fully healthy. There was no reason, for any level headed fan, to be worried or even care at that time. 

We play ugly ball. We won a title playing ugly ball. There's nothing pretty about Milwaukee Bucks basketball and there hasn't been since Bud became coach. We're built for playoff basketball and that's really all that matters. 

Now...remind me...what's the Milwaukee Bucks record when Giannis, Khris and Jrue play extended minutes together? 

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a single comment where someone said they were worried then, now or for the future. This is a forum, people comment about teams pretty much year-round, and those comments tend to be about the most resent play or activities by the team. Your comment seems to suggest that people shouldn't care enough to even comment about current play, but that wouldn't stimulate much conversation now would it.  

And yes, the Bucks have a wonderful record when everyone is healthy and that is an awesome trump card for us Buck fans when debating with others on the internet, only thing is that it has little to do with my original comments here.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R T said:

I may have missed it, but I didn't see a single comment where someone said they were worried then, now or for the future. This is a forum, people comment about teams pretty much year-round, and those comments tend to be about the most resent play or activities by the team. Your comment seems to suggest that people shouldn't care enough to even comment about current play, but that wouldn't stimulate much conversation now would it.  

And yes, the Bucks have a wonderful record when everyone is healthy and that is an awesome trump card for us Buck fans when debating with others on the internet, only thing is that it has little to do with my original comments here.  

Well, considering it was December/January, no they shouldn't care. Not anymore. Our focus should solely be April through June. That's where we're at as a franchise. You use the regular season to work on **** and then you play your best stuff come the time to dance. We could sleepwalk through an entire season and still be a title favorite. Hell, they've slept walk through half this year and they're a half game out of home court. Perspective matters. The team played uninspired basketball then because they were missing integral pieces and doing things differently to compensate for it. Khris has played 17 games, Giannis and Jrue have missed over 10 games. I'm not, nor should anyone else, put any stock into the regular season.