MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm glad we didn't go re-tread. I wanted Quinn from Miami but as far as the finalists went, Griffin was the only exciting one to me. Why would you want someone who performed poorly enough to be fired?

Context. Why would you want the assistant to the man who performed poorly enough to get fired? It is what it is but Giannis picked Griffin so you can probably say goodbye to player accountability under him, which is what we needed. We're an older team so we don't have time for first time mistakes so Griffin needs to learn as if his pants are on fire and Giannis needs to be reined in. Giannis met individually with all 3 guys so this was his decision. He greenlit Griffin and that's why he's our coach and there's nothing more to it than that.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Context. Why would you want the assistant to the man who performed poorly enough to get fired? It is what it is but Giannis picked Griffin so you can probably say goodbye to player accountability under him, which is what we needed. We're an older team so we don't have time for first time mistakes so Griffin needs to learn as if his pants are on fire and Giannis needs to be reined in. Giannis met individually with all 3 guys so this was his decision. He greenlit Griffin and that's why he's our coach and there's nothing more to it than that.

He didn't have final say in Toronto, an offensive HC couldn't run a half court offense worth a damn and got canned. 

Something had to spark the interest of Giannis, Horst and ownership with Griffin, and I don't think it's that Griffin won't hold him accountable, that's not in Giannis' DNA.

• 2 weeks later...

Andre Jackson Jr

Pluses: Versatile defender and awesome facilitator. Rebounds well for his position. Apparently a high quality teammate. 

Negatives: Can't shoot (29% from 3), doesn't score (6 PPG for his career) and medically flagged during the draft process