MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

I'm really excited to see Giannis play off ball more. I've been begging this team to get Giannis in space and use him more off ball to prevent a wall and confuse the defense but he continues to carry like a PG. Keep him fresher and allow him some much easier looks on the inside with Dame taking the ball up more often. 

The year we won the title we were #1 in PPG and #22 in Opp PPG. I think people are overestimating the loss of Jrue. I love Jrue, always will. But we still have Khris, Giannis and Brook and we have depth while landing a top 10-15 player in the league in Dame, who is a perfect fit for our current core. I'm insanely interested in seeing what Stotts and Griffin do since I think this is a partnership. Gonna be a fun one and I think we'll bring home another title barring injury.

I'm partially being obtuse above since our O RTG was 6th and D RTG was 10th that year but I still think we have a group that can keep it together. Dame just solves so many issues that plagued us. Miami doesn't beat us last year with Dame. No chance. They only won because we had insanely long lulls on offense that lead to runs where they came back. Then we couldn't execute late. 

Dame (and Stotts) almost singlehandedly solves our half court issues. We can solve the other end in time. When it comes to the playoffs, you can't have long lulls on offense and win. It cost us 2019, 2022 and 2023.

On 10/7/2023 at 12:03 AM, beekay414 said:

Is there a better 10 than...

Lillard-Payne
Beauchamp-Beasley
Middleton-Connaughton
Giannis-Crowder
BroLo-Portis

????

Pretty close to elite assuming Middleton returns a little to form and BroLo doesn't take a step back. Alot will also ride on if Beauchamp takes that next step that everyone is expecting.