MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

Sloppy game by Giannis. So many turnovers and just looked out of sorts. If he had even played an avg game, we win that one easily. If we didn’t have Dame, we get blown out. So grateful to have them both and a win is a win.  Great to have an assassin to help close out games!  What a debut!

It was the first game of the year and I know Giannis will use this as motivation. Hope he sticks around and shoots 100 FTs after the game tho lol.  Yikes.  

The big leaning curve for Giannis will be figuring out how to drive and score without starting with the ball at the perimeter. The way he played last night still let Nurse (who has always given him more trouble than arguably any coach in the league) wall him and have multiple players contest him at the rim. Needs to figure out where to catch the ball to use his gravity, especially with Dame on the team. The out of control drive into traffic will never be completely removed, but it’s not what he should be looking for every trip down.

Free throws just might be a lost cause. It obviously won’t usually be as bad as last night, but we’re years deep into this mental block. I’m sure he shoots 85-90% in his pre and post game reps using the same motion.

59 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The big leaning curve for Giannis will be figuring out how to drive and score without starting with the ball at the perimeter. The way he played last night still let Nurse (who has always given him more trouble than arguably any coach in the league) wall him and have multiple players contest him at the rim. Needs to figure out where to catch the ball to use his gravity, especially with Dame on the team. The out of control drive into traffic will never be completely removed, but it’s not what he should be looking for every trip down.

Free throws just might be a lost cause. It obviously won’t usually be as bad as last night, but we’re years deep into this mental block. I’m sure he shoots 85-90% in his pre and post game reps using the same motion.

Def agree on the free throws. Middleton looks like he’s getting eased into action. What a forgotten guy he is now. I wonder how feels. Hopefully he uses that as fuel and is ready for his spot up game compared to his pound the ball and fade away that he’s been doing.  

I'm a little bit worried about how few minutes Middleton got last night. Hopefully he wasn't injured. If not, I don't think he's going to be OK with 16 minutes a game. This happens on a consistent basis; he's going to be asking out of town. 

On the other hand, Beauchamp looks really legitimate as an NBA player. 

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'm a little bit worried about how few minutes Middleton got last night. Hopefully he wasn't injured. If not, I don't think he's going to be OK with 16 minutes a game. This happens on a consistent basis; he's going to be asking out of town. 

On the other hand, Beauchamp looks really legitimate as an NBA player. 

Don't be. They are slowly bringing Middleton along. His health matters more in April/May/June than it does in October.

13 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's knee management, not really a minutes thing. We're bringing him along with the title in mind, not basketball in October/November.

Thanks @beekay414, clearly Middleton is on board with the plan. Seems the Bucks are better equipped to handle any games he may miss as well. Crowder looks much more comfortable in the offense this year and Beauchamp looks like he's made a heck of a second-year leap. 

Should be a fun year to watch the Bucks Hoping for good health. 

15 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Why did Giannis and Dame take 20 combined shots? Was the game conceded really early and y'all just gave up?

It looked like they didn't even want to be there. Effort on defense and offense was lacking completely. Team just looks bad right now although I won't be worried yet.