MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

20 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Same issues as Bud. He's not a great X's and O's guy and has trouble closing out series. I wouldn't hate Doc but I'd prefer we go get Kenny Atkinson.

I like the hire.  He will motivate them and he will manage the game much better.   

We blew it the first time around, but this move makes sense.

Edited by vegas492

43 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What have you been underwhelmed by?

Shot selection and field goal percentage. Don’t need to mention defense as we all knew that was coming. Was more then willing to give the benefit of the doubt to catch up, 20-30 games sure. But 44?

I will continue to hold my faith, as dame has always been my #1 player to play with Giannis other then Steph, but it is just frustrating. 

9 hours ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Shot selection and field goal percentage. Don’t need to mention defense as we all knew that was coming. Was more then willing to give the benefit of the doubt to catch up, 20-30 games sure. But 44?

I will continue to hold my faith, as dame has always been my #1 player to play with Giannis other then Steph, but it is just frustrating. 

You have noticed his 0.013 drop in FG % from his career mark?  Or his 0.010 drop in  eFG% from his career mark?

New arena might have something to do with that. 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

You have noticed his 0.013 drop in FG % from his career mark?  Or his 0.010 drop in  eFG% from his career mark?

New arena might have something to do with that. 

Just the eye test, and that’s how I personally feel. That’s why I asked, what do you all think? 

1 hour ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Just the eye test, and that’s how I personally feel. That’s why I asked, what do you all think? 

I think he is being asked to do less, so him finding a groove and be the main focal point of the offense is a bit new for him.  Certainly going to be an adjustment period.  His stats are not that much different, and he is adjusting to a new home arena, so shooting might be a little down, but not really much when looked at.  

Maybe it was more what you were expecting him to be/do?  If your expectations were a 30 ppg scorer, he has not been that, but he also is not being asked to be that

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 8:38 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Half way thru the year what’s everyone’s thoughts on Lillard??

underwhelmed? Yeah me too 

I too an underwhelmed.

Underwhelmed in how we've used him.  The dude looks effortless out there on offense.  His pull up jumper is amazing.  He gets to the rim and finishes or gets fouled.  He extends the defense with his 3 point range and he is a finisher.

Seems to me like he plays a little over half the game.  And it seems like he can get 30 in that timeframe without making it look hard.

Looks to me like they still haven't figured out how to play pick and roll with Dame and Giannis.

But it is getting better, little by little.  

On 1/24/2024 at 9:41 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

They are on cruise control. How he looks in the post season is all that matters.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:07 PM, vegas492 said:

I like the hire.  He will motivate them and he will manage the game much better.   

We blew it the first time around, but this move makes sense.

The Doc hate is a bit ridiculous. Everyone seems to forget CP3, Embiid and Harden are all massive choke artists.

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

The Doc hate is a bit ridiculous. Everyone seems to forget CP3, Embiid and Harden are all massive choke artists.

I mean, there's a common denominator for every team choking outside of 2008 Boston.

Edited by seminoles1

53 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, there's a common denominator for every team choking outside of 2008 Boston.

We'll see. I don't hate the hire but it's gonna be ego (Rivers) vs ego (Giannis) vs ego (Lillard) so it could go well or it could go poorly. There's probably no in between. 

56 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We'll see. I don't hate the hire but it's gonna be ego (Rivers) vs ego (Giannis) vs ego (Lillard) so it could go well or it could go poorly. There's probably no in between. 

There is no debate who's calling the shots. Giannis runs the team and Doc knows that.