MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I saw some people commenting on reddit about how it was probably a made up story to drive more Lakers interest in Murray. What assets could the Bucks even send the Hawks? Seems like "journalism" strikes again.

I have no idea… all of our remaining first round picks and marjon?

Interesting timing.  Not sure I’ve ever seen a HC fired midseason with the 2nd best record. What’s next here?  Usually an asst is bumped up to interim HC.  Has an interim HC ever been hired externally midseason?  

8 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Interesting timing.  Not sure I’ve ever seen a HC fired midseason with the 2nd best record. What’s next here?  Usually an asst is bumped up to interim HC.  Has an interim HC ever been hired externally midseason?  

Sounds like Doc Rivers. 

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

David Blatt was 30-11 when he got fired by the Cavs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Doc rivers. 

very excited he was let go. That way this year doesn’t end up as a waste because his coaching is definitely suspect at best. 

Stotts leaving right before the season started was such a red flag.  The offense has been inconsistent but the defense has been so bad (giving up 135 to the Pistons???) and that’s ultimately on Griffin.  

Doc would be a massive upgrade but I remember all that **** he talked about us in the early 2000’s when he was in Orlando.  Couldn’t stand him for years bcuz of it lol. 

Stunned that Horst actually pulled the trigger. I think it’s the right move, team constantly looked lost and just found ways to straight talent their way to close wins against bad teams. Giannis was drawing up plays on the bench and Brook was staring at Griffin in confusion on the defensive end. Simply can’t waste this season hoping he figures it out.

Long overdue. He was a bad hire from the beginning, but he was Giannis's guy so I get why they needed to ride it out. I assume it'll be Doc, which doesn't really inspire me but keeps the wheels on for a potential championship run. Big whiff not going after Nick Nurse when the opportunity presented itself though.

16 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

If they hired Griffin to make Giannis sign, then fire Griffin after 43 games, it's probably going to piss him off lol. Then again, he's the one who wanted to keep Jason Kidd.

Nah, this wasn't done without his approval. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't follow much bball outside of the Bucks, but why does Doc get so much hate when his playoff stars lately have been Paul, Embiid and Harden, and they all choke sans Rivers. 

I'm certainly comfortable with Doc leading a playoff run over Grif.

Same issues as Bud. He's not a great X's and O's guy and has trouble closing out series. I wouldn't hate Doc but I'd prefer we go get Kenny Atkinson.