MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Pat Riley's the guy who gave a roster spot to Udonis Haslem for 40 years.

That’s simply because he made a deal with him under the table to take less when the big 3 signed. 

20 hours ago, thrILL! said:

We could see for months that this season had 1st rd exit written all over it.  Horst needs to go as he orchestrated this mess.  He screwed up the hiring of the HC(s) with Griffen and then Rivers.  He's the one who constructed the roster.  I’m not a fan of our new owner but let’s hope he rectifies things by making several changes. 

I never had a problem with Rivers.  The defense improved some under his tutelage.  

It's time to blow it up and start over. Oldest team in the league, can't play defense, can't stay healthy. 

It was great they got the 1 championship, but time to move them all for youth and draft FRPs. 

On 5/4/2024 at 7:24 AM, Pugger said:

I never had a problem with Rivers.  The defense improved some under his tutelage.  

That’s a really low bar lol. 

On 5/4/2024 at 3:35 PM, Old Guy said:

It's time to blow it up and start over. Oldest team in the league, can't play defense, can't stay healthy. 

It was great they got the 1 championship, but time to move them all for youth and draft FRPs. 

That’s gonna be tough bcuz other than this summer, I don’t think we have any FRPs until something like 2031 🤣.  I wish our owners would jettison Horst into the ******* sun already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

That’s a really low bar lol. 

That’s gonna be tough bcuz other than this summer, I don’t think we have any FRPs until something like 2031 🤣.  I wish our owners would jettison Horst into the ******* sun already. 

When I say, blow it up, I'm talking about trading everyone who has value and get a few young players and a LOT of unprotected FRPs. 

No scared cows to be spared. Everybody is on the block. Get a couple of young guys with a lot of upside and 4 FRPs for Giannis. Whatever you can get for Lillard, Middleton, Lopez and Portis. 

Clean house! 

20 hours ago, Old Guy said:

When I say, blow it up, I'm talking about trading everyone who has value and get a few young players and a LOT of unprotected FRPs. 

No scared cows to be spared. Everybody is on the block. Get a couple of young guys with a lot of upside and 4 FRPs for Giannis. Whatever you can get for Lillard, Middleton, Lopez and Portis. 

Clean house! 

3pxm.gif

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

3pxm.gif

Sure, roll basically with the same crew that got bounced in the first round of the playoffs two years in a row. Only the oldest team in the league will be a year older.

Not your finest moment, that is for sure. If you think 'running it back,' is the way to go, you are not as smart as I've given you credit for. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sure, roll basically with the same crew that got bounced in the first round of the playoffs two years in a row. Only the oldest team in the league will be a year older.

Not your finest moment, that is for sure. If you think 'running it back,' is the way to go, you are not as smart as I've given you credit for. 

Remind me, how many quarters did Giannis play in those said first rounds? The Giannis-Lillard-Middleton-Lopez core 4 was the best group of 4 players to play 500 minutes together statistically in the entire NBA last year when they played together. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Remind me, how many quarters did Giannis play in those said first rounds? The Giannis-Lillard-Middleton-Lopez core 4 was the best group of 4 players to play 500 minutes together statistically in the entire NBA last year when they played together. But I wouldn't expect you to know that.

The best trait a player can have is availability. Also, unlike the NFL, NBA players also have to play defense. The Bucks SUCKED defensively. Lillard doesn't guard anybody, ever. Middleton is a below average defender. The only statistic that matters is 7 teams won more games than the Bucks. All those stats and still couldn't get to 50 wins. Go figure! 

Father time is undefeated. 

Giannis still has a handful of great years left. Lopus is 36, Lillard 33 and Middleton is 32. You aren't winning **** with this group next year. There are some really good up and coming teams. This team may win a few more games next year, but they are no threat to win a Championship. Time to sell and reload. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The best trait a player can have is availability. Also, unlike the NFL, NBA players also have to play defense. The Bucks SUCKED defensively. Lillard doesn't guard anybody, ever. Middleton is a below average defender. The only statistic that matters is 7 teams won more games than the Bucks. All those stats and still couldn't get to 50 wins. Go figure! 

Father time is undefeated. 

Giannis still has a handful of great years left. Lopus is 36, Lillard 33 and Middleton is 32. You aren't winning **** with this group next year. There are some really good up and coming teams. Time to sell and reload. 

We're not going to sell so you better get used to this group. We're definitely not ******* trading the face of the franchise and a top 3 player in the entire league. What exactly do you think we're getting for these guys? Lopez is 37 in 2024-25. We'll look to draft his replacement this year would be my guess. Middleton is 33 next year and coming off of 3 injury riddled years and we just extended him. He's also Giannis's best friend. Lillard talked about getting settled and working with this group and getting to a normal grind this offseason rather than a turbulent one like last year.

Nothing's going to change with the core 4 because the core 4 isn't the problem as I suggested. The role players around them aren't the proper fits. That's what needs to be addressed. We'll look at doing just that with whatever assets we have and we'll go right back to contending in 2024-25 with a fully healthy roster. 

You can put the selling bull**** to bed right now.

Jon Horst is likely heading to Detroit and we'll get a new voice in the room as our next GM. We'll use Portis and Pat C's contracts to try to find a proper fit via trade if we can for the 2 guard spot and we'll continue to push for MarJon, A-Jax and Green to develop as bench pieces so we don't have to rely on veteran scrubs that aren't ideal fits. Acting like we're in a doom and gloom scenario is just asinine bull**** talk. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We're not going to sell so you better get used to this group. We're definitely not ******* trading the face of the franchise and a top 3 player in the entire league. What exactly do you think we're getting for these guys? Lopez is 37 in 2024-25. We'll look to draft his replacement this year would be my guess. Middleton is 33 next year and coming off of 3 injury riddled years and we just extended him. He's also Giannis's best friend. Lillard talked about getting settled and working with this group and getting to a normal grind this offseason rather than a turbulent one like last year.

Nothing's going to change with the core 4 because the core 4 isn't the problem as I suggested. The role players around them aren't the proper fits. That's what needs to be addressed. We'll look at doing just that with whatever assets we have and we'll go right back to contending in 2024-25 with a fully healthy roster. 

You can put the selling bull**** to bed right now.

Jon Horst is likely heading to Detroit and we'll get a new voice in the room as our next GM. We'll use Portis and Pat C's contracts to try to find a proper fit via trade if we can for the 2 guard spot and we'll continue to push for MarJon, A-Jax and Green to develop as bench pieces so we don't have to rely on veteran scrubs that aren't ideal fits. Acting like we're in a doom and gloom scenario is just asinine bull**** talk. 

LOL! It's reality and you don't want to hear it. 

Lillard's lack of defense is a major problem come playoff time. Middleton has a hard time guarding people as well and he's not getting any younger. 

The Bucks will hover around 50 wins again next year and possibly win one round in the playoffs and get shown the door. You seem satisfied with that. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! It's reality and you don't want to hear it. 

No, what I posted is the reality of the situation. You seem to not know **** about the NBA or how it works. You should probably stick to the Packers subforum where you can pretend to know football better.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No, what I posted is the reality of the situation. You seem to not know **** about the NBA or how it works. You should probably stick to the Packers subforum where you can pretend to know football better.

I've played more basketball at a higher level they you ever will or did. That much I can assure you. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've played more basketball at a higher level they you ever will or did. That much I can assure you. 

And you still know **** all about it. Go take a nap.

Edited by beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason