MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Essentially got Damian Lillard for Jrue Holiday, Grayson Allen and a 2029 unprotected first. The pick swaps in 2028 and 2030 are meaningless at this point since we don't know the state of either franchise. 

Obviously rooting for multiple titles, but even if that doesn't pan out, this is going to be a lot of fun for the next few years. Like the Brewers with CC/Greinke, seasons I will always remember.

• Like 3

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Obviously rooting for multiple titles, but even if that doesn't pan out, this is going to be a lot of fun for the next few years. Like the Brewers with CC/Greinke, seasons I will always remember.

It's must watch basketball now. New coach and two superstars who have games absolutely made for each other. I got tired of watching Bud ball but now I'll be tuning in every game.

My concerns with the trade are I don't know how we fit that contract and keep under the thresh hold of no return with the others we're paying and the fact the Holiday was never Hurt and in the last couple years Lillard has been more than not.

We lose some defense but I guess if you can score 120 it doesn't matter if you give up 110.

We can still go get Buddy Hield with the assets we have left over (Portis, Pat and Portland's 2nd) but we'd gut the bench to do it and have no flexibility going forward. It would strengthen the hell out of our starting 5 (Dame, Hield, Middleton, Giannis, Brook) but would leave us super light and unproven on the bench.

Right now, we can just plug one of Beasley, MarJon or Pat at the 2 guard spot or try to flex Khris to the 2 and start Crowder at SF (though he's not a SF at this point and Khris isn't a 2 anymore) while maintaining our depth.

Edited by beekay414

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I was not a fan of Jimmy Haslam acquiring ownership in this team but this is a helluva statement from ownership and the front office. 

Huge investment but now we'll see how the roster is handled. If they keep the 15th spot open to save money then it's kind of a half-measured move. Would obviously depend on who that spot goes to but if it keeps us from trading multiple depth pieces for a roster upgrade because we'd have to pay more to fill out the roster, then it's, again, mixed signals. Still have to wait and see here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We can still go get Buddy Hield with the assets we have left over (Portis, Pat and Portland's 2nd) but we'd gut the bench to do it and have no flexibility going forward. It would strengthen the hell out of our starting 5 (Dame, Hield, Middleton, Giannis, Brook) but would leave us super light and unproven on the bench.

Right now, we can just plug one of Beasley, MarJon or Pat at the 2 guard spot or try to flex Khris to the 2 and start Crowder at SF (though he's not a SF at this point and Khris isn't a 2 anymore) while maintaining our depth.

Don't really follow NBA free agency, are there any bench ring chasers out there that would sign for the minimum of we dealt out Portis or Pat?