MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Higher than I expected. 

At least we didn't lose him and Brogdon. We would've had a massive hole to fill if we lost both. I'm willing to bet that they expect DDV/Sterling/Project Pat to fill the Brogdon void. Even DJW to an extent considering Brogdon guarded 3s.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

At least we didn't lose him and Brogdon. We would've had a massive hole to fill if we lost both. I'm willing to bet that they expect DDV/Sterling/Project Pat to fill the Brogdon void. Even DJW to an extent considering Brogdon guarded 3s.

Oh yeah, figured he had to be back. But didn’t see three years at 10 per coming. We’re just totally invested in this group for the long-term without seemingly any desire to get better.

So I'll open up and say I know nothing of how NBA cap works, I keep seeing we have nothing left to sign Hill so a move must be coming. Is that just people assuming we aren't going into the luxury tax? Or are we already maxed out there too?

Anyway I'd imagine we got those picks to move them, hopefully not with Ersan though. If we dealt him, who besides Wilson would be able to come off the bench and play the 4 or 5?

Just now, titans0021 said:

Oh yeah, figured he had to be back. But didn’t see three years at 10 per coming. We’re just totally invested in this group for the long-term without seemingly any desire to get better.

Well, we'll see if Horst truly is the EOY going forward. See what he does with that TPE (we won't use it IMO) and what he does to create the space for Hill outside of just stretching Leuer. Really don't want to use that Pacers 1st to just dump Ersan. That would be terrible.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

So I'll open up and say I know nothing of how NBA cap works, I keep seeing we have nothing left to sign Hill so a move must be coming. Is that just people assuming we aren't going into the luxury tax? Or are we already maxed out there too?

Anyway I'd imagine we got those picks to move them, hopefully not with Ersan though. If we dealt him, who besides Wilson would be able to come off the bench and play the 4 or 5?

I don't think we have Hill's bird rights so we can't go over the cap to sign him. We have to clear space period to bring him back. That means stretching Leuer to save $6 Million and we have to figure out how to clear that other $4 Million elsewhere. Unless we just straight up trade Leuer to clear that salary.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't think we have Hill's bird rights so we can't go over the cap to sign him. We have to clear space period to bring him back. That means stretching Leuer to save $6 Million and we have to figure out how to clear that other $4 Million elsewhere. Unless we just straight up trade Leuer to clear that salary.

Stretch Leuer and waive Brogdon’s cap hold should get us to right about $9 million right?

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just can’t imagine it taking a first to dump Ilyasova. What do I know? Hopefully Hill’s third year is either a TO or non-guaranteed.

I could see us using that 1st to dump Leuer's full salary. That would clear the space. Would piss me off tho cuz we would've traded Brogdon for 2 seconds.

Edited by beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason