MKE Bucks Thread | Griffin ousted as HC after 43 games; Glenn takes over...no, not that one.

beekay414

2 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

I was three rows behind the basket yesterday, cool experience but those seats are a little overrated. Lots of heads/bodies in your way and you lack perspective. 

It sure was nice seeing Jabari consistently getting burnt off the dribble. Holy **** is he a liability on defense. He also gets so frazzled with his back to the basket, Eric Gordon was holding him for awhile.... good luck to whomever gives him a max deal. Middleton and Giannis still forcing square pegs into round holes turning the ball over with 0 offensive flow. The biggest problem is now the D has regressed again so they aren't getting on the break like they used to. This team relies soooo heavily on transition offense, once that dries up and you have to look in the mirror at your half court offense its disgusting. 

I'm done with this team this year, not buying the playoff tickets I got last year. They seem so far away but who knows what could happen with an intelligent coach, an average center and Brogdon starting versus Middleton. 

As far as transition offense goes, I would say this team SHOULD be relying on a fast-paced transition offense, but whenever they get on a break, it looks like no one has any clue what the heck they're doing. 90% of the time the guy who starts with the ball just dribbles it all the way down and settles for whatever kind of layup they get, contested or not. I agree in the halfcourt they are equally as clueless. I don't want to say I have 0 faith in this team as it stands until I see them with an actual coach, but yeah this team is 1 and done in the playoffs. Hopefully they grab the 6 seed though so we at least have a pick.

I'd make anyone not named Giannis/Brogdon available for trade this offseason.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:49 PM, bkobow05 said:

Also, watching this offense from a bird's eye view, good god I have no idea what we're trying to accomplish. It's like the gameplans are drawn/written in Crayola crayon. 

I find the implication that there are actual offensive gameplans to be kind of absurd here bk.

• Like 1

OK I know absolutely nothing about NBA trades other than the salaries have to be close to matching (which they do in this case) would this be an offer that LAC would consider or laugh in our faces?

Bucks get:

DeAndre Jordan

Tobias Harris

Clippers get:

Khris Middleton

John Henson

Tony Snell

Thon Maker

picks/trade exceptions

We'd end up having Bledsoe, Brogdon, Harris, Giannis and Jordan as next years starters, with Bledsoe, Harris, Brogdon and Jordan all as FA's after next year, and the 2019-2020 Bucks would have Giannis, Delly and Sterling Brown on the roster, giving us that clean salary slate to attack FA with Giannis as the selling point we want. The Clippers get some picks/cash, a young guy to mold in Thon and 3 guys who have modest contracts to hold down the fort while they rebuild and they can potentially move for more picks down the road. 

I really have just lost all enthusiasm for this team. There's just nothing here except Giannis. I don't even want to say the pieces don't fit. We have no idea if the pieces fit, because this group hasn't had a single coach that is in anyway capable of trying to make the players work together. I'm convinced that there is no game planning on a night in, night out basis. Just dribble around, pass it a few times, and hope that somebody can create something. Or give it to Khris and let him put up a contested mid-range shot.

But hey, Giannis was able to put the team on his back for 10 minutes so we could beat the Knicks at home. So at least there's that.

• Like 1