MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

31 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

When the Suns sat Bledsoe at the time most people thought it was a wise move had they eventually looked to trade him.  The Suns were awful and they held out a player in meaningless games that's had a meniscus removed or repaired in both knees.  Nothing will come of it.

Yeah, I mean I doubt there will be any written repercussions. But sending a guy home, not actually trying to trade him (again, this part is on the basis of the rumors of the asking price being legit) and not waiving him is going to rub some in the PA and the agent community the wrong way. I'm not saying sanctions will be handed down, but actively preventing a healthy guy from playing in back-to-back seasons isn't exactly a good look and could have some negative consequences down the line.

Really, a lot of it comes down to just mismanagement. The second McDonough told the media that Bledsoe wouldn't be back and then had a radio interview where he criticized him as a leader, he made this situation 100x worse. You've sent him home, so you've got to trade him. But you've also destroyed the trade value he used to have because you insulted him and told the world he wasn't going to play with the Suns again in a public forum.

39 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

How about saying screw Bledsoe, assuming the price continues to be asinine, and just go after Chandler? Henson+Vaughn for Chandler works perfectly financially.

I'm fine with going after just Chandler, but I give it another week until the price starts to come down into realistic territory for Bledsoe anyways. I'm not in a huge rush, wait it out and just keep the Monroe/Telly/Vaughn and/or Wilson and a first package on the table. I have my doubts that anyone beats it.

If they insist on Brogdon though, yeah, just go after Chandler. Brogdon was good down the stretch last year and looks improved these first five games, you don't give up that asset on a rookie deal for someone in Bledsoe's situation.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

How about saying screw Bledsoe, assuming the price continues to be asinine, and just go after Chandler? Henson+Vaughn for Chandler works perfectly financially.

I'm fine with going after just Chandler, but I give it another week until the price starts to come down into realistic territory for Bledsoe anyways. I'm not in a huge rush, wait it out and just keep the Monroe/Telly/Vaughn and/or Wilson and a first package on the table. I have my doubts that anyone beats it.

If they insist on Brogdon though, yeah, just go after Chandler. Brogdon was good down the stretch last year and looks improved these first five games, you don't give up that asset on a rookie deal for someone in Bledsoe's situation.

10 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

The point of trading Chandler would be to get out of his deal sooner or right away in a Bledsoe trade. So if a team wanted to give us an expiring in hopes Tyson will help them that would make sense. Or if he helped get us a better asset in a Bledsoe deal that would make sense. Giving him away for a worse contract doesn't make sense.

Also I wouldn't take Murray from DEN, I don't think he's any good. Rather have their pick.

Also wouldn't want Parker. Rather not have to pay him.

Edited by 11sanchez11

On 10/28/2017 at 2:03 AM, Knowledge said:

I agree with this. The Suns destroyed their leverage by saying he wont play for them again. So other teams know that they are basically forced to move him and wont give up equal assets to try and acquire him

I wonder if the Sixers could package a trade around Okafor + to get him

I just realized this is the Bucks thread i posted this in...Thought it was the gameday thread lol....Was wondering why no one was responding to the Sixers question lol