MKE Bucks Thread | Offseason

beekay414

Definitely a fun game. It's still so frustrating the amount of clean looks at three we give up, Liggins is helping that cause but not enough. I'm wondering how much of this is a Tony Snell issue, dumb fouls and consistently getting caught over helping. Kidd's usage of Giannis is alarming, he plays him non stop in the second then sits him half of the fourth. Has he ever evaluated how superstar minutes are managed?? 

Loved the late Bledsoe production, was bad for most of the game but confidence not impacted. Exactly what this team needs. 

5 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

Definitely a fun game. It's still so frustrating the amount of clean looks at three we give up, Liggins is helping that cause but not enough. I'm wondering how much of this is a Tony Snell issue, dumb fouls and consistently getting caught over helping. Kidd's usage of Giannis is alarming, he plays him non stop in the second then sits him half of the fourth. Has he ever evaluated how superstar minutes are managed?? 

Loved the late Bledsoe production, was bad for most of the game but confidence not impacted. Exactly what this team needs. 

The problem isn't a Tony Snell problem, it's a scheme problem. The scheme is designed to heavily trap/help/swarm players. This is going to lead to open threes, there's no way around it.

19 hours ago, PaulWall_23 said:

I agree it's a flawed scheme but at some point its on you as a player to make a judgement call given your limitations as a defender. You just can't keep helping if your slow at recovering. Kidd has to understand this at some level, who knows how much leeway he gives defenders? 

As a player, if you make a judgement call, you find yourself sitting on the bench. It's not the players' responsibility to execute a scheme they're not running. The Kidd/Sweeney scheme just doesn't prevent threes, and it never will unless there's some massive change in scheme which basically never happens.

• Like 1

I have zero positive things to say about this game. Giannis has been bad. Bledsoe has been so much worse. Thon is terrible at everything. Shot selection is trash. Defense is trash. Jason Kidd had three days to prepare and decided that leaving shooters wide open was the best plan of attack against a team that shoots the second most 3s in basketball.

This loss is so bad that I've forgotten the four-game winning streak.

And my last post on the game since I've officially turned it off, Giannis is still in with six minutes left and the team down 24. It's like Kidd actively wants to wear him down as hard and as quickly as possible.

Man, between this game and the Titans and Badgers basketball games on Thursday, it's been a rough 72 hours. Thank God for the Badgers defense.