BDL 2019 Week 6 - Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Gotham Gashslayers

Whicker

Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Gotham Gashslayers  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hawaii Nightmarchers
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2019 at 04:00 AM

10 hours ago, SirA1 said:

He's just average. Which is ok.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/rasul-douglas/11854

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

I don't even know what to say. He hasn't been as abysmal as Sidney Jones, but he's been bad.

To be fair, it paints a way different picture when you break down his score.

His overall is 62.6, which makes him the 55th ranked CB. That's definitely on the low end of starters. Then you break down his score more and he's got a 75.7 in run defense, a 60.0 in pass rush, and a 59.1 in coverage. So he's really being bumped a bit by run defense when his coverage ability is rated pretty poorly. Now obviously PFF isn't gospel but that's the real breakdown.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

I don't pay for it so just see the free stuff in that his average score was in the yellow. Which is ok to me. I mean most of my guys are in the 80's which is why I took offense last week when Rags called them bad.

I pay for the basic level. Honestly yellow is ok but not great for most positions. Yellow's when you start getting to the lower level irl starters. Not the worst thing but certainly could maybe do better. But I only use PFF to get a basic understanding of how players stack up, it's certainly nowhere near the end all. It's really just a starting point for when/if I'm researching a player.

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

To be fair, it paints a way different picture when you break down his score.

His overall is 62.6, which makes him the 55th ranked CB. That's definitely on the low end of starters. Then you break down his score more and he's got a 75.7 in run defense, a 60.0 in pass rush, and a 59.1 in coverage. So he's really being bumped a bit by run defense when his coverage ability is rated pretty poorly. Now obviously PFF isn't gospel but that's the real breakdown.

So the worst part of his game is coverage. Got it.

Edit: and I agree pff is flawed. I'm just an angry eagles fan listening to someone tell me any of those two starting corners are good.

Edited by Jlash

11 hours ago, pheltzbahr said:
11 hours ago, Jlash said:

There's NO WAY pee eff eff has him graded highly! Someone bring me that man's meaningless website scores!

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/10/12/20911150/eagles-news-rasul-douglas-list-pff-highest-graded-cornerbacks-nfl-football-sidney-jones-ranking-cb

That's probably not the best article to post for this match-up. That came before Stefon Diggs (literally on Hawaii) went HAM on his PFF grade.

@Jlash is being cranky based on recency bias. Rasul has been solid this year but he belongs up on the line in a press scheme where he can use his size to jam and re-route WRs, the way Jim Schwartz plays our CBs 10 yards off the WR definitely doesn't play to his strengths but he's a very good CB when the ball is in front of him.

• Like 1

I think with 1 offensive skill player reserve on Hawaii's side, they can't bring nearly enough heat in this game. Gotham getting Hill back brings a  much needed balance to this offense.

When Barkley comes back (looks like this week!) that will change the entire outlook of this squad. Also would suggest trying to obtain another WR.