Tuitt torn pec...done for season

AFF

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'd look to keep McCullers. They won't let him and Hargrave go. Also, He's improved every year since Mitchell stopped coaching the D-line. He'll be cheap, I'd keep him.

dmc better not be here . If they can't get a consistent DT to replace him , they need better scouts. Hargrave will be pricey , if he gets the snap[ count the rest of the season.

13 hours ago, 3rivers said:

dmc better not be here . If they can't get a consistent DT to replace him , they need better scouts. Hargrave will be pricey , if he gets the snap[ count the rest of the season.

I don't know how people can say that any player shouldn't be on the team without some context. If he is willing to sign at the right price, DMC is well worth it to keep around.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

I don't know how people can say that any player shouldn't be on the team without some context. If he is willing to sign at the right price, DMC is well worth it to keep around.

Yea it not like he’s anything special but as cheap depth I wouldn’t mind him back at all, especially if it’s reasonably close to what he got this year(880k).

• Like 1

As much as we play in 2 DLine sets, I really wont mind bringing DMC back at a good price. Best outcome is that Buggs is good enough to fill that 3rd/4th guy role. Alualu is still a good rotational piece, so at best DMC would be a seldom used NT and occasional 5th guy. 

Im still hoping that we can squeeze Hargrave in, but already having Tuitt and Heyward on the books at big money hurts that chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

there has to be better options, because why keep a player that hasn't improved and seems to tire often. Time to maven, lots of other players out there. Good point though, if he is willing to sign for the price and show up and ply etc.... he never held out or skipped practices that we knew of.

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Im still hoping that we can squeeze Hargrave in, but already having Tuitt and Heyward on the books at big money hurts that chance. 

a quality 3 DT rotation for that 4 man hybrid D front should help but it will be costly cap space wise .  Look at 2019, Tuitt gets hurt, but Hargrave is here ready to take some or most of Tuitt's snaps. Depth will help this team in 2019 at DT.

19 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

there has to be better options, because why keep a player that hasn't improved and seems to tire often. Time to maven, lots of other players out there. Good point though, if he is willing to sign for the price and show up and ply etc.... he never held out or skipped practices that we knew of.

a quality 3 DT rotation for that 4 man hybrid D front should help but it will be costly cap space wise .  Look at 2019, Tuitt gets hurt, but Hargrave is here ready to take some or most of Tuitt's snaps. Depth will help this team in 2019 at DT.

He has improved though each of the last two years at minimum. There are always people that you can pick up to improve your team, but at what cost and are you sure you can land them? As has been mentioned, he is a depth player. He can get you through some injury struggles, but doesn't need to see the field (we run a true NT minimally anymore). DMC shouldn't/wouldn't be the top guy going into the season, but I am very content with him as a backup. Stop expecting all players on the roster to be a starting quality player.

5 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Stop expecting all players on the roster to be a starting quality player.

I have seen over the year where the reserves are almost as good or in some cases even better than the starters. Thats what I expect, and it could be attainable more often than it is happening. Right now let dmc get snaps when Hargrave is tired, but that would be it. Hargrave is the player that will wreck blocking schemes but dmc could be a good change up. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I have seen over the year where the reserves are almost as good or in some cases even better than the starters. Thats what I expect, and it could be attainable more often than it is happening. Right now let dmc get snaps when Hargrave is tired, but that would be it. Hargrave is the player that will wreck blocking schemes but dmc could be a good change up. 

These are 2 totally different players IMO. Neither should be subbed in for each other and expect the same results. DMC has pretty much only come in for sub-package Run downs. I'm not sure what we're debating here. 

8 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

He has improved though each of the last two years at minimum. There are always people that you can pick up to improve your team, but at what cost and are you sure you can land them? As has been mentioned, he is a depth player. He can get you through some injury struggles, but doesn't need to see the field (we run a true NT minimally anymore). DMC shouldn't/wouldn't be the top guy going into the season, but I am very content with him as a backup. Stop expecting all players on the roster to be a starting quality 

I agree...but McCullers is a very limited player.  If we lose Hargrave, he isnt going to ease any of the loss.  Just depends what he wants.  

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

These are 2 totally different players IMO. Neither should be subbed in for each other and expect the same results. DMC has pretty much only come in for sub-package Run downs. I'm not sure what we're debating here. 

agree they are 2 different types of players, but they will share time in games.  I want the coaches to play Hargrave as much as he can play. Considering he has been at the most, a part time player for these years, I expect his snap count to quite high  .