Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Lambs to slaughter next week vs Bama

beekay414

Would you guys rather have Brennan Armstrong for a chance to compete in 2023 and win the West division (who knows how much longer that last) and revisit QB again next offseason or land Nick Evers for multiple seasons with the risk that he may be nothing but prospect hype?

I'm totally torn at this point.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Would you guys rather have Brennan Armstrong for a chance to compete in 2023 and win the West division (who knows how much longer that last) and revisit QB again next offseason or land Nick Evers for multiple seasons with the risk that he may be nothing but prospect hype?

Nick Evers for multiple seasons I believe this staff can develop a quarterback.

Just now, forthegame said:

Nick Evers for multiple seasons I believe this staff can develop a quarterback.

If that's the case, why not go with Armstrong and see if they can develop Burkett and LaCrue going forward? Wouldn't you rather win sooner? I'm torn since I believe in Evers but he's unproven.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I'll just say that when Billy Napier took over as UF's HC, he wanted no part of Nick Evers. And Nick's family (specifically, his mother) made a huge stink of it and tried to sabotage our recruiting class. I don't know how good Napier's eye for QBs is at this point, so he may well be wrong on Evers, but the kid does come with some baggage.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'll just say that when Billy Napier took over as UF's HC, he wanted no part of Nick Evers. And Nick's family (specifically, his mother) made a huge stink of it and tried to sabotage our recruiting class. I don't know how good Napier's eye for QBs is at this point, so he may well be wrong on Evers, but the kid does come with some baggage.

Yeah, you never know with these kids. I won't pretend to know either. I just want a QB for 2023 ffs.

• Like 1