Jump to content

Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back


beekay414

Recommended Posts

9.2 vs Buffalo
9.9 at Washington State
9.16 vs Georgia Southern
9.23 at Purdue
10.7 vs Rutgers
10.14 vs Iowa
10.21 at Illinois
10.28 vs Ohio State
11.4 at Indiana
11.11 vs Northwestern
11.18 vs Nebraska
11.25 at Minnesota

I'm getting irrationally excited about what that W/L could look like next year. Am I out of line if I say beat Ohio State and we could be staring the CFP in the face?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't see this but laughed really hard. He's the new CB coach, and has worked with Fickell in the past so it's a relationship thing, but the fact that he took an official demotion losing the co-DC title is just another friendly reminder of who owns the division.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

9.2 vs Buffalo
9.9 at Washington State
9.16 vs Georgia Southern
9.23 at Purdue
10.7 vs Rutgers
10.14 vs Iowa
10.21 at Illinois
10.28 vs Ohio State
11.4 at Indiana
11.11 vs Northwestern
11.18 vs Nebraska
11.25 at Minnesota

I'm getting irrationally excited about what that W/L could look like next year. Am I out of line if I say beat Ohio State and we could be staring the CFP in the face?

Give the man some time. I see what you're seeing, especially if we can use the first 5 weeks of the season to get some rhythm before Iowa, but it's a complete overhaul.

And also, since we're transitioning to the Air Raid, there's a possibility that if we play OSU that way and spread them out and turn it into a track meet that we get run off the field. The PC way always kept the final score close even if we never had a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

9.2 vs Buffalo
9.9 at Washington State
9.16 vs Georgia Southern
9.23 at Purdue
10.7 vs Rutgers
10.14 vs Iowa
10.21 at Illinois
10.28 vs Ohio State
11.4 at Indiana
11.11 vs Northwestern
11.18 vs Nebraska
11.25 at Minnesota

I'm getting irrationally excited about what that W/L could look like next year. Am I out of line if I say beat Ohio State and we could be staring the CFP in the face?

First glance and I see that too, but @Illinois isn’t an easy game the week before that. Washington State early on with a new regime and system is also a potential tough road game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Give the man some time. I see what you're seeing, especially if we can use the first 5 weeks of the season to get some rhythm before Iowa, but it's a complete overhaul.

And also, since we're transitioning to the Air Raid, there's a possibility that if we play OSU that way and spread them out and turn it into a track meet that we get run off the field. The PC way always kept the final score close even if we never had a shot.

 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

First glance and I see that too, but @Illinois isn’t an easy game the week before that. Washington State early on with a new regime and system is also a potential tough road game.

Absolutely gonna give him time but seeing Dykes and TCU win massively year one is making me irrationally excited for what Fickell and Longo might do. Obviously, if our skill position guys are still the exact same at WR, then my excitement dwindles since I felt that those dudes let Mertz down as much as he let them down. 

It also hinders on whether Mordecai gets into UW since there's been nothing concrete that says he's in yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Why'd we take an OT? Not like he's not a nice players, but OT is the one spot we didn't really need anything. 

Assuming there’s a decent chance he kicks inside? But also, Fickell probably isn’t going to say no to any first-team all-conference guy that wants to follow him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Assuming there’s a decent chance he kicks inside? But also, Fickell probably isn’t going to say no to any first-team all-conference guy that wants to follow him.

Renfro is the All AAC Cincy OL in the portal, Huber was HM. LIS, a nice player, but I'm not sure why we took him when we have better prospects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Why'd we take an OT? Not like he's not a nice players, but OT is the one spot we didn't really need anything. 

Depends on what the plan is and whether or not our current tackles make sense for Longo's scheme. Wouldn't shock me one bit if they think Nelson's better off at guard or if Huber kicks inside. I also believe that Renfro is leaning LSU.

Edited by beekay414
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • beekay414 changed the title to Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...