Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Lambs to slaughter next week vs Bama

beekay414

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Pratt is probably NFL bound but if not, I'd need a new pair of pants.

Always a possibility, but a huge class this year is going to have him late day 2 into day 3. He goes to a P5 and has a great season he could go round 1 in a weaker class next year.

Either way, I know Fickell is all about "team" and "family" but a lot of upperclassmen need to be given the Deion treatment and "strongly encouraged" to move on or they'll be backups next year. 

If I don't see a high price transfer QB, the two frosh RBs and an OL of Rucci-Brunner-Renfro-Wedig/Huber-Mahlman to go along with an aggressive portal pursuit of pass rushers and more playing time for young DBs like Duclona, Snowden, Moore and Taylor, my patience Fickell will be minimal if we aren't winning.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Always a possibility, but a huge class this year is going to have him late day 2 into day 3. He goes to a P5 and has a great season he could go round 1 in a weaker class next year.

Either way, I know Fickell is all about "team" and "family" but a lot of upperclassmen need to be given the Deion treatment and "strongly encouraged" to move on or they'll be backups next year. 

If I don't see a high price transfer QB, the two frosh RBs and an OL of Rucci-Brunner-Renfro-Wedig/Huber-Mahlman to go along with an aggressive portal pursuit of pass rushers and more playing time for young DBs like Duclona, Snowden, Moore and Taylor, my patience Fickell will be minimal if we aren't winning.

Honestly, the transfer QB market doesn't seem great this year. Especially not with guys that have any experience. Outside of the two you mentioned, that don't seem super likely anyways, you've got Joey Aguilar and the kid from UNLV. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, the transfer QB market doesn't seem great this year. Especially not with guys that have any experience. Outside of the two you mentioned, that don't seem super likely anyways, you've got Joey Aguilar and the kid from UNLV. 

Maybe Devin Brown from OSU as well 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Maybe Devin Brown from OSU as well 

Yeah, I was looking at guys that have started since I really wanna avoid breaking in a first time starter when we've got Bama week 3.

Haven't gotten into the former high profile recruits yet since I'm not even sure we'd take one at this point. 

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I was looking at guys that have started since I really wanna avoid breaking in a first time starter when we've got Bama week 3.

Haven't gotten into the former high profile recruits yet since I'm not even sure we'd take one at this point. 

Fickell historically has had a lot of success with targeting OSU castoffs but that was when it was mutually beneficial since Cincinnati wasn’t a conference opponent.