Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pitchforks should've been stowed away til 2025 at the earliest regardless. Takes time to establish a culture.

Fickell was my number 1 dream big choice when we were looking for a coach. If we lost to Nebraska and Minnesota to end the year and miss out on a bowl I would have been first in line to say to say they did the exact same thing a know nothing idiot on the web would have done and it failed miserabley. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Fickell was my number 1 dream big choice when we were looking for a coach. If we lost to Nebraska and Minnesota to end the year and miss out on a bowl I would have been first in line to say to say they did the exact same thing a know nothing idiot on the web would have done and it failed miserabley. 

Takes more than a year to establish culture. Look at Fick's first year at UC. Took over for a moderately successful Tuberville at UC and went 4-8 in his first year. Give the man time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Takes more than a year to establish culture. Look at Fick's first year at UC. Took over for a moderately successful Tuberville at UC and went 4-8 in his first year. Give the man time. 

Don't disagree with any of that. 

I just think that losing to Nebraska and Minnesota to end the year and fail to be bowl eligible should be an unwritten rule that automatically results in being fired.

That didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't.

I 100% want Fickell to be the guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I just think that losing to Nebraska and Minnesota to end the year and fail to be bowl eligible should be an unwritten rule that automatically results in being fired.

Eh I don't because 1) it's a lot of money to make that happen. 2) Fickell is too good of a coach to do that to and 3) it's overreactionary. 

You give him multiple seasons no matter what. We're not Ohio State. No reason to pretend to be.

13 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Don't disagree with any of that. 

That didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't.

I 100% want Fickell to be the guy.

Agreed this buys him a lot of leash with the alumni.

Now he needs to get the kids who don't want to be here out, get a QB for next year, and make sure this is the last year we have to watch subpar OL play.

7 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Agreed this buys him a lot of leash with the alumni.

Now he needs to get the kids who don't want to be here out, get a QB for next year, and make sure this is the last year we have to watch subpar OL play.

And for the love of everything holy, please have some players on the team next year that can rush the passer.

• Like 1