Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Should probably #LockeTheThread lol

beekay414

I think slow starts might be the norm this year, just the way each side plays, think they need to get in rhythm which takes some time. Both lines get better a the game goes on, which I think we'll all take over the opposite, and could be key in close games. 

AJ Taylor is looking so good. Can you imagine how good this WR corp could have been?

Only real negative takeaway was that JT redzone fumble. We're at a point where I cringe a little every time he's going down since I'm worried the ball is going to pop loose. Oh well, worst comes to worst, this keeps happening, and we lean more on Deal in the handful of dogfights we should expect to get into where we cannot afford fumbles. Deal is pretty damn good in his own right.

You know how it feels like Alec Ingold always picks up the 1st down in short yardage situation without fail? Well I did some digging and he literally almost does. Since 2016, he has only failed to convert on a 3rd/4th & short or a goal line carry ONCE. He is 27 for 28 on picking up the 1st down/TD on these carries, and hasn't failed in 16 tries (was last stopped against Purdue on 3rd & 1 in 2016). He is 6/6 on 4th downs, 17/18 on 3rd downs, and 4/4 on goal line carries (<2 yards out). Ingold the freakin' hammer.

Image result for alec ingold nfl

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

You know how it feels like Alec Ingold always picks up the 1st down in short yardage situation without fail? Well I did some digging and he literally almost does. Since 2016, he has only failed to convert on a 3rd/4th & short or a goal line carry ONCE. He is 27 for 28 on picking up the 1st down/TD on these carries, and hasn't failed in 16 tries (was last stopped against Purdue on 3rd & 1 in 2016). He is 6/6 on 4th downs, 17/18 on 3rd downs, and 4/4 on goal line carries (<2 yards out). Ingold the freakin' hammer.

Image result for alec ingold nfl

Yeah I did some digging and the last time you posted something like this was right before the only time in his career where he didn't convert.

I'm still mad at you.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I did some digging and the last time you posted something like this was right before the only time in his career where he didn't convert.

I'm still mad at you.

Is that true? lol I definitely remember looking into this before but couldn't recall if I finished it or bothered posting it. Damn it what have I done. Forgive me CFB gods.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24615586/college-football-key-takeaways-top-25-team-week-2

The final score didn't indicate the dogfight Wisconsin was in early, but Heisman hopeful running back Jonathan Taylor had a career-high 253 rushing yards and three touchdowns behind another dominant performance from the offensive line, and the Badgers soared in the second half. It was a textbook example of the running game opening things up for the passing game, where receiver A.J. Taylor racked up 134 yards and one touchdown on five catches. If Wisconsin's offense can be that balanced against the Big Ten -- and eliminate the turnovers -- the Badgers should be back in the playoff conversation. With no nonconference games against Power 5 opponents, Wisconsin needs to leave no doubt with the selection committee that it's the better team, and in spite of a precarious 10-7 lead at the half, it did that. Next, it has to do it against BYU. -- Heather Dinich

Did Heather watch the damn game? It was anything but a "dog fight." Yeah, it was 10-7 at the half but it was a game that we dominated outside of one drive. ESPN is so dumb.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24615586/college-football-key-takeaways-top-25-team-week-2

Did Heather watch the damn game? It was anything but a "dog fight." Yeah, it was 10-7 at the half but it was a game that we dominated outside of one drive. ESPN is so dumb.

Have to justify Oklahoma jumping us somehow. 

Yup, I only care because of the clear biases. Oklahoma jumps us, but Georgia doesn't jump Clemson? Stanford doesn't jump Notre Dame!? I still think we got enough respect to start the year that we can comfortably get into the CFP even with a regular season loss, but crap like this definitely causes some doubt to begin creeping in my mind.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yup, I only care because of the clear biases. Oklahoma jumps us, but Georgia doesn't jump Clemson? Stanford doesn't jump Notre Dame!? I still think we got enough respect to start the year that we can comfortably get into the CFP even with a regular season loss, but crap like this definitely causes some doubt to begin creeping in my mind.

Yep. That's my big thing as well. Both in the AP and CFP polls, there's no consistency about how they do things. The parameters change weekly to fit what they want to happen.