Dolphins go back to Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB week after declaring Rosen would start rest of the season

TheKillerNacho

The good thing with Miami is they seem to have a plan. So whether they get the first pick or not, they’ll grab the players that are best to change the culture of their team. Follow the path the Raiders took into improvement. They have their coach. They have a veteran QB and don’t have to force the QB pick.

If I’m Miami, I would pick the top OL prospects at #4 (Miami) and #15 (Pittsburgh), then with the Texans 25th pick I would trade down to the 32nd pick in round one to pick up some extra ammunition and pick Jalen Hurts. I think he’s got Cam Newton type running ability. He’s got the ability to make the throws and is still developing. Allow him to develop behind Fitzpatrick and FA pickup Marcus Mariota. Use your extra ammunition to select a top RB in round two (DeAndre Swift if available). Select some WR help in round two and three with this talented class. Suddenly the offense looks pretty good and the team has a nice trajectory moving forward.

But whatever they do they seem to have a plan and I’m interested in seeing how it plays out.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

The good thing with Miami is they seem to have a plan. So whether they get the first pick or not, they’ll grab the players that are best to change the culture of their team. Follow the path the Raiders took into improvement.

It's been done so many times before, it's normal NFL business not 'tanking' as the boring and clueless media hyped. 

New coach hired, comes in and cleans house. Take your painful lumps in season one. Goodbye to players that fit or buy-in to the new system: cut some, trade others. Dump those bloated contracts now to have financial flexibility in the future. Accumulate draft picks. 

Season two, select those draft picks and hope most of them work out (not all will). Sign some well-fitting free agents but no max contract overspending.

Season three, more draft picks and free agents. Time to compete.