Pats inquire about Howard; get turned down

bucsfan333

They should trade for Brate. Sure, shoot for the moon with Howard, but Brate is a pretty damn good tight end in his own right. His contact is super easy to manipulate too given that all his money is base salary. The Pats could seriously convert 10 million of his next two years salary to a signing bonus spread over the next 4, and he'd have a cap hit of roughly 3.5 million the next two years, which is great. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

They should trade for Brate. Sure, shoot for the moon with Howard, but Brate is a pretty damn good tight end in his own right. His contact is super easy to manipulate too given that all his money is base salary. The Pats could seriously convert 10 million of his next two years salary to a signing bonus spread over the next 4, and he'd have a cap hit of roughly 3.5 million the next two years, which is great. 

Yup, agreed they have 4 TEs on the roster.  Getting something for Brate can be money used to extend Godwin.    

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

stop it 

youre making too much sense

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I love his confidence.

Catch the ball!!!!!  Oh yeah, don t fumble the ball.  I m really not concerned with his targets.  We re 6 games into a new offense and Howard s stats would be better if he did nt have hands like Perriman.  I m wait and see how the rest of the year plays out.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Catch the ball!!!!!  Oh yeah, don t fumble the ball.  I m really not concerned with his targets.  We re 6 games into a new offense and Howard s stats would be better if he did nt have hands like Perriman.  I m wait and see how the rest of the year plays out.

It was week two or three when we he and Godwin both ran seam routes on the same side. The only reason Howard didn't get the TD is because the safety covered him and left Godwin open. It could've easily happened the other way around.

He's had opportunities. And he's running routes. Like you said, he just needs to catch the damn ball and hold onto it when he gets those opportunities.

9 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It was week two or three when we he and Godwin both ran seam routes on the same side. The only reason Howard didn't get the TD is because the safety covered him and left Godwin open. It could've easily happened the other way around.

He's had opportunities. And he's running routes. Like you said, he just needs to catch the damn ball and hold onto it when he gets those opportunities.

He s pretty much been the TE who never comes off the field.  They certainly value him.  With NE, whatever pick they are offering is at the end of a round.  Sanu was basically traded for a 3td.  

My concern with OJ is he needs to clean up his route running.  First or second play in NOLA.  Saints played man with Davis the LB on him.  He runs an out cut about 12 yds deep running down the hash.  He does nothing in a shoulder or head fake to have Davis feel thteatened he may continue to go to the post or cut the other way.    There was no window and the pass was almost picked.  

A lot of guys have come into the league with tremendous physical talent.  It s the nuances of the game, which separate guys.  Howard has a long way to go with nuances.  I hope he gets there.

• Like 2