Week 8 GDT: Die Eagles Die

Trentwannabe

3 minutes ago, xian3000 said:

Every reason to believe things plummet from here on out. Change my mind (without mentioning the "soft schedule" because we almost lost to the dolphins). 

We didn’t almost lose to the dolphins. We had a bad half and took over in the second half.

Defense had a despicable performance, but I still have faith in them. Questionable play calls offensively, but i think Beane makes a move for a receiver by Tuesday 

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

We didn’t almost lose to the dolphins. We had a bad half and took over in the second half.

Defense had a despicable performance, but I still have faith in them. Questionable play calls offensively, but i think Beane makes a move for a receiver by Tuesday 

I appreciate your perspective. 

Defense did get gashed at times but they also made huge stops when needed. Having your qb continue to run the ball cost them this game. You were up 7-3 with 2 min left in half and you have him do a qb run which caused the fumble that led to a 11-7 half that was the turn of the game. They got the momentum and the ball in the 2nd half. The no running with your RBs is really annoying, how do you go from gore getting 5+ yds a crack in the 3rd qtr to completely stop running the ball for 2 series and end up punting or turning the ball over on downs I just dont get what Daboll is thinking. I want to see singletary/gore get 30 carries a game your not only grinding out the yards but your also keeping the opponents offense off the field. 6 of 12 on 3rd downs when your still in the game is awful. Can we please cut Lee Smith he is averaging multiple penalties a game I do not care that he made a couple of key catches any te can do that its time for him to go because the holding and false start penalties are putting them in a bigger hole then they already in.

Yes a wide receiver before the trade deadline is ideal but will other teams see this as desperate and force beane to over pay, that is the issue. On another note I didn't catch the full pregame story from Jay Glazer but I believe Texans are taking calls for Hopkins? I doubt they move him unless a team is willing to offer up a ton of picks for him. If they are willing to take 2 first is that something the bills should do?

All in all they have to move on from this loss and not start the meltdown that this team has done in history, winning against the Redskins is just that much more important.

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Defense did get gashed at times but they also made huge stops when needed. Having your qb continue to run the ball cost them this game. You were up 7-3 with 2 min left in half and you have him do a qb run which caused the fumble that led to a 11-7 half that was the turn of the game. They got the momentum and the ball in the 2nd half. The no running with your RBs is really annoying, how do you go from gore getting 5+ yds a crack in the 3rd qtr to completely stop running the ball for 2 series and end up punting or turning the ball over on downs I just dont get what Daboll is thinking. I want to see singletary/gore get 30 carries a game your not only grinding out the yards but your also keeping the opponents offense off the field. 6 of 12 on 3rd downs when your still in the game is awful. Can we please cut Lee Smith he is averaging multiple penalties a game I do not care that he made a couple of key catches any te can do that its time for him to go because the holding and false start penalties are putting them in a bigger hole then they already in.

Yes a wide receiver before the trade deadline is ideal but will other teams see this as desperate and force beane to over pay, that is the issue. On another note I didn't catch the full pregame story from Jay Glazer but I believe Texans are taking calls for Hopkins? I doubt they move him unless a team is willing to offer up a ton of picks for him. If they are willing to take 2 first is that something the bills should do?

All in all they have to move on from this loss and not start the meltdown that this team has done in history, winning against the Redskins is just that much more important.

To add to my previous post, cutting Star at the end of the year should be a must if your paying him 50 mil to be out on goal line plays then why continue to pay him? Murphy still looks lost to me and should be another key cut this offseason. Bring in a top tier pass rusher whether its through free agency or the draft. Offer Shaq a team friendly contract and if he declines let him go. The money they save for cutting Star could be put in an extension for Jordan Phillips as he has deserved one.

Edited by soflbillsfan

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

This team just isnt good enough.

I blame Daboll, the talent is there just need a better wr as John Brown is solid just not a top tier #1. If they brought in one they can be good enough to compete. Daboll needs to go to basics and learn that running the ball with your Rbs are your friends and not throw it so much.

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

If they can’t stop the run they ain’t beating anyone.

...especially if Daboll isn't going to call running plays that actually utilize our RB's! The fact that he didn't learn that QB's, even athletic ones, can get injured when Josh got his concussion, makes me want to send him packing.

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

If they can’t stop the run they ain’t beating anyone.

You stop the run by running yourself and keeping the other team off the field, they were out coached in one game I wouldnt stress over it. The key turnover before half caused the ripple effect of a team playing while they were up by consistently running the ball had Bills been in the lead the eagles wouldnt have pushed the run.

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This team is not a receiver away from competition against good teams.

Yes the offense is one wr away from competing with a competent OC. You push the run and it opens up the passing giving Brown more opportunities, he is a strong #2 but he needs help opposite to him and Duke isnt the answer to be that guy so bring in a big target who can be that safety net Josh needs

I really like the direction this team is heading, but I think today showed we still have a ways to go. The Eagles were the more talented team. They have a better coach too. I wish we wouldn’t have fallen apart in the 2nd half, but this just reaffirms that we still have a lot of work to do. I hope Beane doesn’t panic and trade for a rental like AJ Green. There is no rush and I want this team to keep as many assets as possible. In the end we just need to keep the season and team in perspective and realize we’re not quite a true contender yet, but I think we’re moving closer towards the ultimate goal. Let’s rebound and take care of Washington next week. Go Bills!

Run defense got bullied. Our DT were getting beat one on one most of the game which allowed them to engulf our LB's.

Defense is going to get beat. That happens. Offense needs to step up when that is the case. Today just far too many penalties and shooting ourselves in the foot to be able to compete with a team like the Eagles. That stupid effing QB designed run before the half had me seeing red. Dumb play to begin with and of course Josh fumbled.

Bills can beat the bad teams and equal teams. But they need to play a perfect game in order to beat the best teams which they haven't shown they're capable of. 

Probably still end up 10-6 or 11-5 and in the playoffs so WOOT! for that because this fan base deserves that much. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

Is there a Bosa coming out next year?

Not named bosa but is suppose to be as good as the Niners one but no way will the bills get a chance at him as he would likely go top 3 named  Chase Young. Best chance Bills get a top tier rusher is paying Yannick or Clowney if they hit the open market. I dont see the Seahawks paying clowney as they simply gave up a healtier younger player in clarke who was producing more sacks then clowney was instead of paying him. Yannick may hit the open market as they drafter Josh Allen and have Calias Cambell who is still playing at a high level.