The NFL isn’t rigged but some Refs are corrupt

rocky_rams

29 minutes ago, mse326 said:

So none.

I didn’t say I have definitive evidence but if a former ref got exposed for manipulating games in his favor and says that there is a possibility that it’s still going on in the NBA and NFL then it warrants conversation. 

You’re not inputting anything valuable to this thread so if you disagree then tell us why.

This thread is to talk about the ref issue  after the many fans see questionable calls being called. 

2 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I didn’t say I have definitive evidence but if a former ref got exposed for manipulating games in his favor and says that there is a possibility that it’s still going on in the NBA and NFL then it warrants conversation. 

You’re not inputting anything valuable to this thread so if you disagree then tell us why.

This thread is to talk about the ref issue  after the many fans see questionable calls being called. 

This thread isn't to talk about he ref issue, it's talk about your bald assertion that there ARE NFL refs fixing games. Not that some might be (which is also without actual proof), but that there are. I'm contributing something very valuable I'm holding you to basic standards of fact assertion-PROOF

7 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Tim Donaghey + historically bad officiating = circumstantial evidence

Do you have proof of that? Don't confuse being able to see more errors because of HD cameras, more cameras, ability to slow down footage, greater access do to internet. Another claim that is made in this thread with no evidentiary basis.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

This thread isn't to talk about he ref issue, it's talk about your bald assertion that there ARE NFL refs fixing games. Not that some might be (which is also without actual proof), but that there are. I'm contributing something very valuable I'm holding you to basic standards of fact assertion-PROOF

I never said that games are being fixed. That would mean that it’s rigged. 

I also did not say I have proof of anything happening. Again, im basing this off a former referee who got caught manipulating games.

He said there is a possibility it is happening currently. 

What part of that don’t you understand? 

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Do you have proof of that? Don't confuse being able to see more errors because of HD cameras, more cameras, ability to slow down footage, greater access do to internet. Another claim that is made in this thread with no evidentiary basis.

Nobody needs to present you with anything. 

We are talking about a potential issue. Nobody named any names or made claims against specific individuals

1 minute ago, rocky_rams said:

I never said that games are being fixed. That would mean that it’s rigged. 

I also did not say I have proof of anything happening. Again, im basing this off a former referee who got caught manipulating games.

He said there is a possibility it is happening currently. 

What part of that don’t you understand? 

The part where in the OP you said 

I’m sure the same or something similar is going on in the NFL where some refs are calling games because they are either betting on them or they are working with the mob.

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

What would you qualify as evidence? Something like;

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-nfl-created-its-own-officiating-nightmare-11571322517

I'm not really sure what you're doing right now. It's pretty clear that officiating has been particularly bad over the last two years, and the bar for what constitutes circumstantial evidence is incredibly low.

• Like 1