BDL 2019 Week 8 - Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Lancaster Werewolves

SirA1

Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Lancaster Werewolves  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Williamsport Soul Reavers
    • Lancaster Werewolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2019 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2019 Week 8

Match:  Williamsport Soul Reavers @ Lancaster Werewolves

Away Owner: @wwhickok

Home Owner: @rackcs

Vote for who you think will win this game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Williamsport Soul Reavers

QB: Dak Prescott
RB1: Chris Carson
WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: Calvin Ridley
Slot WR: Allen Lazard
TE: Dallas Goedert
LT: Charles Leno
LG: Austin Blythe
C: Mitch Morse
RG: Cody Ford
RT: Dion Dawkins

Reserve:
FB: Rosey Nix
FB: Derek Watt
RB2: Derrick Henry
RB3: Tevin Coleman
WR4: John Brown
WR5: DeSean Hamilton
OL: BJ Finney
OL: Chuks Okorafor

Defense:
(3-4 look)

LE: Jason Pierre-Paul 
NT: DJ Reader
RE: Michael Bennett
LOLB: Shaq Barrett
LILB: Vince Williams
RILB: Devin Bush
ROLB: Brian Burns
CB1: Byron Jones
CB2: Donte Jackson
FS: Ricardo Allen
SS: Jermaine Whitehead

Reserves:
DE John Simon
DE: Tyson Alualu
LB: Hasson Reddick
LB: Bud Dupree
NCB: Cam Sutton
CB: Carlton Davis
S: Marquise Blair

Lancaster Werewolves

QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Alvin Kamara (Q)  
INACTIVE
WR1: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR2: Mike Evans
WR3: Willie Snead IV
TE: George Kittle
LT: Taylor Lewan
LG: Quenton Nelson
C: Frank Ragnow
RG: Cody Whitehair
RT: Lane Johnson

RB2: Royce Freeman
RB3: Ronald Jones II
RB4: Miles Sanders
WR4: Dante Pettis
WR5: Josh Reynolds
TE2: Jonnu Smith
OL: Trent Brown (Q)
OL: Nick Martin

DE: T.J. Watt
DT: Kenny Clark
DT: Ndamukong Suh
DE: Joey Bosa
WLB: Kwon Alexander
MLB: Bobby Wagner
CB1: Jalen Ramsey
CB2: James Bradberry
SCB: Jaire Alexander
FS: Eddie Jackson
SS: Vonn Bell

DE: Adrian Clayborn
INT: Andrew Billings
INT: Christian Wilkins
LB: Fred Warner
LB: Anthony Barr
CB: Kevin King
CB: Brian Poole
S: Xavier Woods

Edited by SirA1

Team: Williamsport Soul Reavers

Base Offensive Scheme: Erhardt-Perkins system, west coast WR concepts, RPO and zone blocking run game concepts

Core strengths: Mobile QB that is excellent in play action, RPO. Multiple RBs that can run both power and zone. Multiple WRs that excel in short to intermediate routes.

Strategy against Lancaster Werewolves: 

Offensive Gameplan

Our approach to this game is going to be a mixture of what we have done all season.

If Lancaster is really going to use TJ Watt as a defensive end instead of a 3-4 OLB, we are going to attack that side of the Dline with the run. He is simply not built for a 4-3 DE at this level.

Our Offensice attack is going to flow through Chris Carson and Derrick Henry. Carson and Henry have proven to be able to run against strong Dlines. I plan to also use the running game to mitigate the opposing pass rush. 

I intend to run a mix of 3 WR sets, I formation, and 2 TE formations. We will use 4 WR sets occassionally to spread out the defense. 

The goal is to tire the defense through the course of the game. Our passing game will be primarily intermediate passing (7-15 yard plays). 

DEFENSIVE GAMEPLAN

Base Defensive Scheme: 3-4 front 7, Cover 2 Zone secondary

Core strengths: DL and LB are able to play the run and generate pressure both naturally and through blitzing. Linebackers also excel in zone coverage. 

Strategy against Lancaster Werewolves: 

On paper this offense has a good receiving corps unfortunately for them their QB is Philip Rivers who we are going to rush early and often. I am confident that our defense can hold it's own against these receivers. I will be using a mix of Cover 2 and Cover 3 Zone. I will use man in sets where only 2 WRs are on the field with safety help.

Byron Jones will shadow Mike Evan's, Donte Jackson will be on OBJ with help from Allen when necessary .

Additionally because I dont view Snead as a major receiving threat we will use about 30% Man coverage overall. Using Deep Safeties and using the LBs to cover the RBs, using Cam Sutton to cover George Kittle.

The running game for Lancaster really isnt a threat. That doesnt mean we can ignore it but we will use our normal gap assignments to shut down the run and make Lancaster one-dimensional hopefully forcing them into a lot of long yard situations where we can have 6 DBs on the field in blanket coverage.

*more specific blitzing info*

-- We will blitz on 3rd and long

-- blitz on every play with at least one player.

-- blitz specific plays we will send 4-5 players.

'Heavy Blitzing % (5+) will be around 25%

Lancaster Werewolves

Lancaster Offensive Strategy: Alvin Kamara's questionable status will not affect our gameplan this week. We want to come out guns blazing against the Williamsport defense. We want to come out passing early and often to put points on the board, forcing Williamsport to abandon their running game and putting the ball in Dak Prescott's hands. In a matchup between Philip Rivers and Dak Prescott we feel like we will come out ahead.

The Passing Strategy:  Probably the strongest position group Williamsport has is their CB group when they’re healthy. However, their safeties are a big weakness. We think we can exploit that weakness by going deep fairly often and spreading the ball around. It is likely that Kittle will be covered by one of their safeties so that is definitely a matchup we want to challenge early and often. Otherwise we trust our receiving group to get open and win their matchups. Williamsport has good CBs but our guys can still get their wins against them as none of them are true shut down corners. We also want to make sure we get the ball in Kamara’s hands if he plays whether that be by splitting him out wide or hitting him out of the backfield. His ability in the passing game provides another matchup we think we can exploit. Once we put some points on the board we want to go to a more balanced passing attack where we hit our receiving targets at all levels of the field.

The Running Strategy: We think we can attack this weak DL and whether Kamara plays or not we think we’ll have success on the ground. If Kamara is in we don’t want to give him too heavy a workload so we’ll be mixing in the other RBs a decent amount while also still giving Kamara the majority of the carries. If he’s out we’ll be again utilizing a RB by committee approach with a group of good young RBs that each has their own niche.

Lancaster Defensive Strategy: We feel that we have a good matchup here on the defensive side of the ball. Between our secondary matching up against their receivers and our pass rush, we feel that we can make Williamsport’s offense very one dimensional.

The Pass Defense Strategy: We expect Williamsport to stay consistent with their starting formation here but assume obvious adjustments if they come out differently. It’ll be our usual 4-2-5 man coverage defense. This week Jalen Ramsey will be covering Golden Tate, James Bradberry will be covering Calvin Ridley, and Jaire Alexander will be covering Randall Cobb. Eddie Jackson will be playing a deep zone to help out in case someone takes it deep. Vonn Bell will once again be in the box, watching the RB in the backfield and covering him if he goes out as a receiver. Kwon Alexander and Bobby Wagner will split coverage duties on Dallas Goedert. Whichever one does not cover will usually blitz but sometimes play a shallow zone to cover the middle. This should help us mask some things pressure wise for Dak. We expect to get good pressure against the Williamsport OL with our regular 4 plus a healthy amount of blitzes from the LBs. If Williamsport comes out with 2 TEs or 2 RBs at any point in the game, we'll be subbing Fred Warner in for James Bradberry. Alexander/Wagner will take the extra guy and Warner will focus on stuffing the run, which he is a stud at.

The Run Defense Strategy: We should have the advantage against the Williamsport OL with some good run stoppers in the middle of our DL. We’ve also got Vonn Bell up in the box specifically watching the RB. We’ve also got LBs regularly blitzing who can get in the backfield to blow up a play. Williamsport has a decent stable of RBs but no world beaters. We're going to be mixing in Warner on obvious running downs so he can put his run stopping ability to good use.

Edited by SirA1

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

@wwhickok

You're only running manual with two wr but then want to play 30% man overall because their thirds wr sucks.   Whaaa? 

I didn't say his #3 WR sucks. But snead isnt as much of a threat. 

Not sure what you mean by the first part of that. But I intend to have enough DBs on the field to account for 3 WR sets the majority of the time. I'm using less man in this game because of Odell and Evans who pose a 'track star threat'. I feel the zone coverages with deep safety help will be more efficient. In zone, we can play with our eyes at the QB and shadow the receiver, where as in man, our eyes are most likely not going to locate the ball until the receivers are putting their hands in the air to catch it.

Edited by wwhickok

14 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I didn't say his #3 WR sucks. But snead isnt as much of a threat. 

Not sure what you mean by the first part of that. But I intend to have enough DBs on the field to account for 3 WR sets the majority of the time. I'm using less man in this game because of Odell and Evans who pose a 'track star threat'. I feel the zone coverages with deep safety help will be more efficient. In zone, we can play with our eyes at the QB and shadow the receiver, where as in man, our eyes are most likely not going to locate the ball until the receivers are putting their hands in the air to catch it.

I don't think it matters cause they aren't running two wr anyhow so ignore 

I think where my confusion comes in is where Sutton is on Kittle.  I'm assuming that puts Davis on snead or are you using a safety/lb 

I understand you love your 3-4 look but it leaves it tricky to figure out whose guarding who in man situations  as well as whose subbing out against a team we all know is running three wide majority of the game 

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I don't think it matters cause they aren't running two wr anyhow so ignore 

I think where my confusion comes in is where Sutton is on Kittle.  I'm assuming that puts Davis on snead or are you using a safety/lb 

I understand you love your 3-4 look but it leaves it tricky to figure out whose guarding who in man situations  as well as whose subbing out against a team we all know is running three wide majority of the game 

I'll try to do a better job outlining that. 

I'd have either Bush on Kittle and Sutton on Snead or Sutton on Kittle and Davis on Snead.

(Mostly the later to accommodate blitzing)

Williamsport gets some nice chunk runs to the edges as Lancaster is running some interior design blitzing but they also get run over themselves with only one actual interior d neman in there

They keep it close for a half but Lancaster opens it up a bit in the second as the Williamsport passing game falters against a really good secondary 

Lancaster 27-17

• Like 1

Went with Lancaster. I'd like to see WW maybe highlight some other things they plan to do in specifics on offense rather than just run at TJ Watt. I also think JPP and Michael Bennett are miscast as 3-4 DE's and that's going to play a part in wearing that defense down against a very high powered O.

• Like 1