Week 9 GDT: Browns @ Broncos

BroncoSojia

Just now, BroncoBruin said:

Well, there you're actually talking about something real. Players, not arbitrary numbers of draft picks. 

How about that Kareem Jackson he's adding to this teams future cultural success on Defense much like B Dawk in 09?

How about Gambling man Justin Simmons bet on Chubb getting that ball today and stopped him dead to rights in a key 3rd down?

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

How about that Kareem Jackson he's adding to this teams future cultural success on Defense much like B Dawk in 09?

How about Gambling man Justin Simmons bet on Chubb getting that ball today and stopped him dead to rights in a key 3rd down?

Kareem Jackson is 31. That was maybe the most obvious short term move of all. Guy's a baller. 

Simmons is a very good player and re-signing should be their highest priority. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

Kareem Jackson is 31. That was maybe the most obvious short term move of all.

Simmons is a very good player and re-signing should be their highest priority. 

Because setting a new standard of excellence is short term???

Tell that to the guys on defense in New England who won them their first superbowl. It's the NEW norm after VJ tried to turn us into the New Browns/ Redskins. 

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Because setting a new standard of excellence is short term???

Tell that to the guys on defense in New England who won them their first superbowl. It's the NEW norm after VJ tried to turn us into the New Browns/ Redskins. 

They signed him because he's a very good football player who made them a better team immediately. That's reasons 1-5 for signing Kareem Jackson. Everything else is extra. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

They signed him because he's a very good football player who made them a better team immediately. That's reasons 1-5 for signing Kareem Jackson. Everything else is extra. 

Extra is great extra makes all the difference.  Extra is why Fangio brings Lock to the away games even being on IR.

Eventually, all those damn bread crumbs turn into a loaf of bread.

I think Elway was certainly *hoping* we would be a playoff team this year. And we likely would have been, but he underestimated one crucial thing: how poor our o-line really was. Non mobile qb’s like Flacco have to have solid protection or the entire offense falls apart, which has been the major reason that we are 3-6 instead of 6-3. In truth, given those circumstances, Flacco was probably the worst qb we could have grabbed. Don’t get me wrong, I believe he is easily the best quarterback we’ve had in a long time. But he was the wrong one for this system and Elway should have recognized that.  

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Extra is great extra makes all the difference.  Extra is why Fangio brings Lock to the away games even being on IR.

Eventually, all those damn bread crumbs turn into a loaf of bread.

It's nice, but I'm not sure what your point here is. When you trade capital for Joe Flacco, sign players like Kareem Jackson and fill out your salary cap...you're trying to win now. 

Just now, 1234567 said:

And we likely would have been, but he underestimated one crucial thing: how poor our o-line really was.

I just don't see it that way I think he saw Patty Mahomes and the Chiefs and thought F that I'm gonna build an offense to take showtime down.

If the fans wanna buy what else I'm giving them great but that's the goal of this offseason and season.

It's nice, but I'm not sure what your point here is. When you trade capital for Joe Flacco, sign players like Kareem Jackson and fill out your salary cap...you're trying to win now. 

The draft said otherwise 6 picks when this roster had holes like it did doesn't add up. Kareem Jackson is going to be mentoring his replacement next year, Joe Flacco mentored Drew and Lamar Jackson may have learned something through osmosis. 

Did you see him tonight? He looks like a capable NFL passer not just a running back. 

18 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

But he was the wrong one for this system and Elway should have recognized that.  

They should of brought in Tannehill 100%, but I'm not sure how good he is at mentoring a young signal caller. Joe Flacco has a lot of Patience he has 3 kids I think.

I believe he helped Lamar in some way even though he knew his job was being taken.

Edited by thebestever6

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

The draft said otherwise 6 picks when this roster had holes like it did doesn't add up. Kareem Jackson is going to be mentoring his replacement next year, Joe Flacco mentored Drew and Lamar Jackson may have learned something through osmosis. 

Did you see him tonight? He looks like a capable NFL passer not just a running back. 

Dude, the 6 pick thing is just a random fact you've arbitrarily decided to attribute meaning to. There's nothing there. 

And the logic in your "less picks = not trying to win now" premise (I think?) is non-existent. I don't get how what you wrote there makes any sense to you.