Prequel to World War III Mafia: Night 5 (Send Yerr PMs!)

SwAg

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:

Oh I don't blame you at all, it had some definite troll possibilities.

@theuntouchable wasn't really wrong with how it played out. the heat was always supposed to be on me n2, that was the intention. It was supposed to grow organically while we still pushed other players and maybe swung a change. I overstepped though, admittedly. We didn't much care, obviously, but the heat was always supposed to be on me that night. I just mucked it up a bit with the Rally part, which I admitted in chat the moment I put it out there. 

• Like 1

It’s truly insane to me how your initial take was “well, how bout Forge” every day, and you’re thinking this game is unwinnable due to your inability to tackle a mechanic you don’t think should exist, so you dismiss it as existing — despite multiple people telling you lynching Forge isn’t the play daily.

oh you were definitely right, sucks that Racks skated after the mwil hit. I think we could have figured that one out if we talked through it instead of playing chicken with Forge

You’re right.  It’s your fault playing poorly.  Glad you agree.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

A mechanic in literally half the games, including a game of mine you played previously, then you act like it’s a foreign and unknown mechanic.

It is one of the most common protective mechanics in online mafia games outside this forum, because it shifts focus onto thread play, as you know you got one, and have to read them to find teammates... which is basically what Forge lamented with being outed.  Just no one capitalized.

Its been quite awhile since I played so I don't remember this game?

oh you were definitely right, sucks that Racks skated after the mwil hit. I think we could have figured that one out if we talked through it instead of playing chicken with Forge

Agreed, I really was trying to catch forge in it but I didn’t realize that it autocorrected until it was too late. I felt good about it being him especially given that he voted himself. I’ve seen him do it as town before but not in that close of a voting group. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

@theuntouchable wasn't really wrong with how it played out. the heat was always supposed to be on me n2, that was the intention. It was supposed to grow organically while we still pushed other players and maybe swung a change. I overstepped though, admittedly. We didn't much care, obviously, but the heat was always supposed to be on me that night. I just mucked it up a bit with the Rally part, which I admitted in chat the moment I put it out there. 

I will say, I enjoyed the back and forth with you. Your WIFOM game is strong. 

• Like 3

It’s baffling how seemingly no one is happy with their dealt hand.  

Whether it’s your two protectors refusing to protect anyone but themselves, Town mislynching both protectors, half the Mafia having a bastard role mechanic, or giving you all a messenger role to disperse investigations without risk to the investigator, no one is happy, and the game is unwinnable for every alignment.

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

It’s truly insane to me how your initial take was “well, how bout Forge” every day, and you’re thinking this game is unwinnable due to your inability to tackle a mechanic you don’t think should exist, so you dismiss it as existing — despite multiple people telling you lynching Forge isn’t the play daily.

Yes, my go to was always back on Forge because of my believe that a game should be winnable by the civ side without intervention from specials. I was also wrong on that more often than not because in a game with 18 people I didn't account for 6 mafia.

I'm fine with agreeing to disagree that "I suck at mafia" and "your game was unbalanced".

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Whether it’s your two protectors refusing to protect anyone but themselves, Town mislynching both protectors, half the Mafia having a bastard role mechanic, or giving you all a messenger role to disperse investigations without risk to the investigator, no one is happy, and the game is unwinnable for every alignment.

I was happy. I just ended up playing it in a manner that ended up having unforseen consequences

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

Probably initial overreaction on my side having lived through the game and not knowing all the twists and roles. Civs definitely made mistakes all around but hitting on multiple vig hits and investigations and still not winning sucks.

Probably initial overreaction on my side having lived through the game and not knowing all the twists and roles. Civs definitely made mistakes all around but hitting on multiple vig hits and investigations and still not winning sucks.

I mean, Gopher's claim was bungled to the point of absurdity. It was almost worse than mine, and mine was intentionally bad lol. When he botched that, the problem became that it immediately had to cast doubt on counselor, so he basically killed two town with that. Touch's progression to doubt counselor was completely warranted and logical. 

• Like 2

>Mafia loses, so OP.

>Town is a Counselor non-lynch away from winning.  Good work on that one, guys.

>Game is broken, I can’t comprehend how to function when a game has a mechanic that prevents me from voting out who I really, really want to.