Dolphins have traded for.....

Swampbilly

Rams CB Aqib Talib and a 5th round pick.  Appears to be a Rams salary dump.  We get a 2020 5th round pick and the rights to Talib for a 2022 7th round pick.  Best scenario is the 33 year old CB provides us with a 1-2 year CB stopgap opposite of Howard.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/rams_trade_five_time_pro_bowl_cb_aqib_talib_to_dolphins/s1_14819_30391787

Edited by Swampbilly

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

That would be interesting if Talib is like 'ehhh ok I'll finish out my career twilight here in tax-free Miami and help mentor some young DB's.' 

I would rather Talib never suit up for the Fins.  People forget that he isn't a very good human being.  I'm not saying I need the Pope playing for the team I root for, but I would rather they not employ guys that have fired a gun at another human out of anger; shot themselves in the leg and falsified a report to police that someone else did it; beat up a teammate (not a scrum at practice, but a locker room fight); beat a taxi driver; etc.  

But I really like the buying of a 5th round pick.  Leave Talib on IR and add another pick to the stockpile.

Edited by hrubes20
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, Deadeye said:

I like this move.  We dump him and it's like getting a free pick (probably a 5th for a 7th.) . Our FO is excellent at trading for picks.  Let's hope they have some ability to use the picks wisely.

The even more interesting aspect is what kind of contract Talib signs with another team.  Theoretically, it could help offset some free agency acquisitions in the compensatory pick formula.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:20 AM, frankmoore said:

The even more interesting aspect is what kind of contract Talib signs with another team.  Theoretically, it could help offset some free agency acquisitions in the compensatory pick formula.

Oh wow!  I had not thought of that.