Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I was just gonna PM you back.

I really liked Boyega for our Reporter and Serkis for Hennessy.... but we decided to keep our upcoming picks, we've become quite fond of the actors we've discussed for those roles now that we've talked ourselves into them.

If you want Boyega or Serkis I’ll give either one of them to you for any of your picks.  Doubt I’ll need them, but you never know.  

My cast is complete in my mind.  Dug through some all-British movies to find some no name actors and some relatively unknowns.  

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If you want Boyega or Serkis I’ll give either one of them to you for any of your picks.  Doubt I’ll need them, but you never know.  

My cast is complete in my mind.  Dug through some all-British movies to find some no name actors and some relatively unknowns.  

Nah. 

We're going OG.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not gonna write a spec script for my movie because I get way too particular with those and it would take forever, but I WILL be providing a complete synopsis of my film complete with dialogue, scene descriptions, etc.  I’ll also provide in-depth character analysis.  Maybe some backgrounds.  

There’s one character I feel really bad for.

Hangmen's 15 page outline is nearly complete...

definitely not doing a full script but toyed with it. I'll probably summarize the outline over the last 5 or so pages. probably 10 or so paragraphs telling the story with a few select dialogue moment. 

20 page hard cap on this thing lol.

@rackcs

Here is my official character list.  If one of these actors gets drafted, I will modify.  I’m posting this early because I am impatient.  If anybody has anybody in mind for one of their roles, please let me know so I can think of a replacement.  I have replacements in mind for most of them.  There’s one I really want though, so please don’t take that one.

Racks, this is also the billing order.  Well, the top 4 are the billed actors.  The rest are just cast.

Tom Hardy - Dog Handler - Boyle

Gary Oldman - Physician - Robson

Taron Edgerton - Cook - Johns

Jared Harris - Senior Biologist - Bottin

Tobias Menzies - Helicopter Pilot - Shaw

Robbie Gee - Station Manager - Carter

Kevin Eldon - Meteorologist - Wells

Adam Foggerty - Geologist - Campbell

Ian Peck - Chief Mechanic - Pinster

Dylan Moran - Assistant Mech. - Howard

Malachi Kirby - Assistant Biologist - Stone

Paul Ready - Radio Operator - Flanagan

William Beck - Assistant Geologist - Klemish

Any of them on your list?

32 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@rackcs, that dude makes me wish there were more roles for Native Americans in movies.  Love that guy.  He belongs in an 80’s throwback type movie.  Definitely gave me Sonny Landham vibes.  

Yeah, first saw him in Fargo and he's stuck with me ever since. Dude is a great actor.

15 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

hateful-eight-walton-goggins-600x338.jpg

No deal.

Hey! That man's likeness is prohibited and owned solely by yours truly. I'll see you in court.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not gonna write a spec script for my movie because I get way too particular with those and it would take forever, but I WILL be providing a complete synopsis of my film complete with dialogue, scene descriptions, etc.  I’ll also provide in-depth character analysis.  Maybe some backgrounds.  

There’s one character I feel really bad for.

I'm basically gonna do a tldr summary, some character backgrounds, and then an in-depth, scene-by-scene breakdown 

• Like 2

Who else has picks they have to make?  I feel like at this point if you haven’t submitted a big board and you’re one of the ones who has picks left, you should feel bad.  Except obviously for those like Malf and Dome and AG who get their picks in in a reasonable amount of time.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who else has picks they have to make?  I feel like at this point if you haven’t submitted a big board and you’re one of the ones who has picks left, you should feel bad.  Except obviously for those like Malf and Dome and AG who get their picks in in a reasonable amount of time.

I've actually sent in some boards to rackcs anyways just in case. 

And yes, everyone else should feel bad. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@rackcs, that dude makes me wish there were more roles for Native Americans in movies.  Love that guy.  He belongs in an 80’s throwback type movie.  Definitely gave me Sonny Landham vibes.  

Speaking of Native Americans in movies, anyone know of any good ones that I could grab here late.  I need one