Make-A-Movie Draft Discussion Thread - Writeups due 12/9

rackcs

Just now, Outpost31 said:

He’s off my board.  Nobody ****s with RJ MaCReady, and if anybody ever does, seriously, please call some helpline for me because I do not think I would do well.

But after the English think they beat the Thing, a deaged RJ McReady could show up to be the big bad.

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

im actually surprised certain names are dropping first.

biggest reach imo is Jennifer Lawrence.

She seems like a kid playing dressup in every role other than Hunger Games

It's no Martin McDonagh first overall

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

So we can do original "movies" right.  Like our own story lines etc.?

Yep, you can do whatever the hell you want

Decided to change my idea so I’ll tell you guys what my original plan was. Always had a idea for a movie about a man who loses all his money due to gambling which causes him to go broke and his family leaves him. He gets deep into drugs to the point when he does certain sexual acts for it. He eventually ends up going to rehab and getting clean but something happens to his family that he gets blamed for and they turn his back on him. In the end the family finds out it wasn’t him but the film ends with the phone ringing only to find him dead of an overdose reverting back to his drug use.

The film would’ve started bob sagget reprising his role as the drug addict from half baked who use to suck blank for coke. Would’ve used ageing technology to make him young again.

2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think we're gonna be stuck on Flux for a while and I don't know if I'm staying up much longer. Boyle already knows my pick but any other west coasters/night owls who think they'll be around later tonight want to get my big board?

i'm up until 7am every night

5 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think we're gonna be stuck on Flux for a while and I don't know if I'm staying up much longer. Boyle already knows my pick but any other west coasters/night owls who think they'll be around later tonight want to get my big board?

Yeah if I'm still on and you're not by the time our picks are up I can do yours (if they're still available, of course).

But I have Gary Oldman.  Do I adapt an original idea?  I can do anything now.  Gary Oldman with a good director, a good writer, a strong supporting cast, and a big budget?  OMG.  It all hinges on #2.  If I get him, it will be a damn good movie.  If I don’t, I’ll be alright but a little bummed.  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

But I have Gary Oldman.  Do I adapt an original idea?  I can do anything now.  Gary Oldman with a good director, a good writer, a strong supporting cast, and a big budget?  OMG.  It all hinges on #2.  If I get him, it will be a damn good movie.  If I don’t, I’ll be alright but a little bummed.  

You lost me at good writer, I don’t believe in your abilities.

• Like 1